We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Trying to switch from Eon Problems Storage heaters Used

Options
Hi All

We are trying to move from Eon but when tryed to move to Scottish Power but we was told that they could not give us tariffs rates for some of the units rates, the reason is that we use storage heaters and have 5 different reading from our meter , has anyone managed to switch from Eon who are in the same position as us.Always had trouble moving from Eon even in our old house where we only had two reading to give from the meter.

Many thanks:)

Comments

• E.ON_Company_Representative
    E.ON_Company_Representative Posts: 806 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi joebloggs09,

I am sorry you’re having problems changing supplier. There are sometimes problems switching supplier when your meter is not one of the standard style meters. However, most companies will be able to match the meter type with a tariff.

There are several companies who have their own style of meter so to speak. Sometimes you will be able to switch supplier, but they may not be able to match a tariff to the meter exactly. This means it might not work in your favour to switch.

I’d recommend calling around the other suppliers (I know this is a pain), to see whether they can support your meter. If not, it may be worth looking at changing your meters to something a little more standard. This obviously depends on the way you run your property. For example, you may have under floor heating, a pool, you may be at home more in the day which warrants an afternoon boost, etc. If removing the meter is something you would consider, I'd recommend getting in touch with E.ON.

Cheers

Brian
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 September 2010 at 10:30AM
    Options
    Hi All

We are trying to move from Eon but when tryed to move to Scottish Power but we was told that they could not give us tariffs rates for some of the units rates, the reason is that we use storage heaters and have 5 different reading from our meter , has anyone managed to switch from Eon who are in the same position as us.Always had trouble moving from Eon even in our old house where we only had two reading to give from the meter.

Many thanks:)

If you currently have 5 different registry readings, it's unlikely any other supplier will be able to accept you with the current set up.
    Attempting to do so invariably ends in tears. (unfortunately, many of the telephone operators don't fully understand, but do know if they sign you up to their company they probably take home more money at the end of the month. It's not their problem once they have their money, and you are left up creek with a supplier who can't actually supply you)

The only other option would be to have your installation and meter(s) changed first ... which may incur you in significant cost.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nbala wrote: »
    I'm currently renting a flat, and have been here since mid-june.
    I'm with Heatwise-E.ON.

I have just had my quarterly bill sent to me today from 1st July to 28th September and it has cost me a whooping £98.00.

It says i have used 700kWh!! Atleast £60.00 worth of my bill has been used during daytime. The most weird thing is, im NEVER home during daytime. Im at work from 9am-5.30pm. I do not know what could possibly use up my electricity while im at home. At night time the electricity is used less, so it says on my bill.
    Could someone please help me, as i cant seem to get my head around this. I cant seem to think what is pulling my electricity so much during the day!?
    Are there particular times during the day where the electricity is cheaper? Is there a particular switch i should be turning off? I have storage heaters, but they don't come on (well they shouldn't do!)

Help!!!

Hiya,

See thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2745664

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport