Halifax - proof of name and address

Mrs Mac needs to prove her name and address to open the high rate current account. She's not going to be able to take it, again, this weekend. Is there any problem if take it in?

Comments

• Joe_Bloggs
    Joe_Bloggs Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Come up with a list of what they want. From dim and distant recollection, it seems to favour building subcontractors with lots of photo ID from the last time I looked. A Fire arms certificate also works wonders. A Notice of tax coding from HMRC is good enough for ID or address if the full name and address are written on it. They did'nt like my statements from Intelligent Finance. This is in the same HBOS group but it proves nothing other than that they lent me £100,000 and I payed it back.
    J_B.
  • Have they told her what ID proof they need? Usually 2 required, one of name including passport, driving license and one of address which is current utility bills or bank/credit card statement.

If you can get there to hand them in you might as well try :)
  • Simple things eh :)
  • i'm afraid you can't take it in there

for example if it is a passport - then the person taking the id has to certify to be a copy of the orginal when then photocopy it and also true likeness of the applicant
  • yes

they have to sign to say that it was the person - that is if photographic id is used.

as in they have to sign to "certied copy of original and true likeness of applicant"

does she have any existing accounts with halifax? as she may already be verified from before if she does
  • jonnyb
    jonnyb Posts: 599
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Al, ask them why they don't use this service from Experian, which removes the need to prove your ID in most cases :
    http://www.experian.co.uk/e-identitycheck/vml/index.html
    Karma is a wonderful thing. ;)
  • jonnyb
    jonnyb Posts: 599
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    quite a few of my customers use it - I work for Experian.

it's fully backed by FSA; I'm surprised more banks etc. don't use it for these purposes, as it means they get your money deposited a lot quicker.
    Karma is a wonderful thing. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport