PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Shabby Chic; Volume III

Options

Comments

• Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have just ordered a couple of these for Christmas pressies but think they'd look great shabbied up a bit too!
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • natc
    natc Posts: 593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pooky - £1!!!!! Baragainous! FAb idea to shabby up for xmas presents! Sooooo excited, ivew been counting down the weeks until christmas since April! Sad, I know, but its my favourite time of the year, and love getting ideas for presents. Its time to start now for the crafty/SC presents......
  • nattyt
    nattyt Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    I've come out as a shabby chicer!! I LOVE IT! Now that i can do exactly what i want i'm going to!!!! My first project is my bedroom chest of drawers. All prepped ready to paint.I can't decide between cream or F&B green ground? Has anyone seen this shade and if so is it light? Really only want a 'hint' of green if you know what i mean!! Also not quite shabby chic but bought some dolls bunkbeds for DD2 for 50p so painting these for her!! Pink and yellow i reckon. Looking forward to reading this thread! xxx
    If music be the food of love then play on
    "No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow". ღ ~Maya Angelou
    Doing it for my kids. For a better secure life. x
  • fluffybunny_2
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a shade of F&B?

I dont want any particular colour, just an off white or maybe a cream?
  • euripidesralph
    Options

Hiya

I have just repainted my fireplace in F and B dimity and would highly reccomend - it seems very white at first but when it dries its like a vintagey colour I cant really explain.

I am going to try and post photos later so hopefully that will let you see the shade

The other one I like is no 22 Light blue although that is a bluey colour (obviously - lol sorry)

hope you find the one you want

xxx
    "I havent failed, Ive found 10,000 ways that dont work" Thomas Edison

:heartpulsMarried to the love of my life 5th December 2009
    My little miracle ds born 15/11/12 ..... loving the rollercoaster
  • blushingbride_3
    Options
    CraftyDeb wrote: »
    Just wanted to share this wonderful bargain I got today from Morrison’s. They have them in HOME and LOVE and they come in black or white for the princely sum of £3.00. I am going to antique mine as I have all cream painted furniture and the white sticks out like a sore thumb. They are a really decent size much bigger than it looks in the picture.
    003_thumb.jpg?imgmax=800

Oh they would make lovely chrimbo bargains!
    :money:
  • fluffybunny_2
    fluffybunny_2 Posts: 385 Forumite
    edited 20 September 2010 at 1:34PM
    Options
    Hiya

I have just repainted my fireplace in F and B dimity and would highly reccomend - it seems very white at first but when it dries its like a vintagey colour I cant really explain.

I am going to try and post photos later so hopefully that will let you see the shade

The other one I like is no 22 Light blue although that is a bluey colour (obviously - lol sorry)

hope you find the one you want

xxx

thank you :D

Ive seen a few posts mentioning dimity and also eggshell sounds nice. Its just that with other paints I find I like the colour on the tub but it looks different when it dries iyswim

I've been very lucky to get a Priory dresser from freecycle ! Its lovely but a very very dark oak. Has anyone got any advice? i think I'd like to paint most of it apart from the shelves and the top of the bottom part (does that make sense ? lol ) edit - i loved bexbex's transformation here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=35417845&postcount=3204

dont know whether to use ESP or sand or this or that lol
  • danemi1
    danemi1 Posts: 1,353 Forumite
    Options

DIMITY!!!! without a doubt - its fab!!!
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I love those jugs!!! Where did you get them?
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • lindadykes
    Options
    If you live near a Boyes store they have some lovely shabby chic cake stands in for £7.99, I saw three different styles - one of them was very CK like, though they were all lovely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure