PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

AHH Nuisance neighbour! >.<

Options
CLLC
CLLC Posts: 1,041 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 20 September 2010 at 5:47PM in House buying, renting & selling
Thanks for the reply's! Everyone has valid points
:dance: I am great , yes I am :dance:
:rotfl:
:D If you think I was useful , Thank you, for thanking me :D

Comments

• ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    You could try not leaving bags on the drive, looks chavvy in my opinion.
  • poppysarah
    poppysarah Posts: 11,522 Forumite
    Options
    Find somewhere else to keep the rubbish.

Your neighbour clearly isn't confident at driving past mountains of rubbish so just don't keep it there. Find somewhere else to keep it.
  • CloudCuckooLand
    Options
    A drive is a drive. Not a refuse storage area. She is in the right. You are in the wrong.

If you meet her requests when she is in the right, maybe she won't be so touchy about other things that she shouldn't concern herself with.

It could be argued that you are the nuisance...
    Act in haste, repent at leisure.

dunstonh wrote:
    Its a serious financial transaction and one of the biggest things you will ever buy. So, stop treating it like buying an ipod.
  • sonastin
    sonastin Posts: 3,210 Forumite
    Options
    CLLC wrote: »
    This very petty woman does it all the time and I'm wondering what we may be able to do about it? Sue for harrassment? More importantly, what can my housing association do since they are already threatning to evict and take action.

It's not fair at all in my eyes:mad:

Who are they threatening to evict and take action against - you or her?
  • maninthestreet
    Options
    Can you upoad a picture of the driveway with the bags against the wall - then we can see if they are causing an obstruction or not.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Meatballs
    Options
    Put em in a bin. You shouldn't leave plastic bags out for longer than it takes for the binmen to come. Animals will rip em to shreds if they hungry! :)
  • beccad
    beccad Posts: 315 Forumite
    Options
    Just move the bin bags. It sounds like a hazard (foxes/rats) and it might just get her off your back. I can't imagine your housing association is going to evict you over unsubstatiated claims!
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    CLLC wrote: »

This very petty woman does it all the time and I'm wondering what we may be able to do about it? Sue for harrassment? More importantly, what can my housing association do since they are already threatning to evict and take action.

It's not fair at all in my eyes:mad:

Thank you

If the council are threatening to take action and evict you then it's my guess there's a lot more to this than meets the eye and your neighbour more than likely has reasonable grounds to complain about you.
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • Leory
    Leory Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    is it worth all the hassle for some bin bags? just move them somewhere more suitable.

i personally would not like ANY binbags within the eyeline of my house. obviously a shared drive makes this harder on an individual basis so you need to do your bit.

how come you have them at the front anyway?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure