My Gas is £75 a month with 2 people in a 1 bed flat?

Options
Hi there just a quick question to you all, I live in a 1 bedroom Studio flat with my partner. We have a non condensing combi boiler and gas stove not oven also our shower is heated by the boiler.
Our Gas and electric is supplied by Npower.
We both work five days a week so are only home in the evenings and weekends.
Electric is not to bad but our gas is £75 a month. Is it me or does this seem expensive?

Comments

• specialsparky
    Options
    Hi you dont ssay if you are working that out from accurate billing. Has your meter been read reguarley? Are your bills accurate? How did you get to £75 per month, and finally yes it sounds very high. Check your boiler, make sure that the meter is accurate? When was your boiler last serviced? Is you timeclock working?
    Something is wrong, oh and finally what tariff are you on, do you pay by DD and manager your account on line? Do you buy both fuels from the same supplier?
    Check all these things, as I said something is wrong.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
  • lazyboy76
    Options
    Hi you dont ssay if you are working that out from accurate billing. Has your meter been read reguarley? Are your bills accurate? How did you get to £75 per month, and finally yes it sounds very high. Check your boiler, make sure that the meter is accurate? When was your boiler last serviced? Is you timeclock working?
    Something is wrong, oh and finally what tariff are you on, do you pay by DD and manager your account on line? Do you buy both fuels from the same supplier?
    Check all these things, as I said something is wrong.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

I'll answer your questions in order
    We've just started to give regular monthly meter readings before the meter was read once a year.
    Were hoping to get the bill down by making regular meter readings.
    The boiler hasn't been serviced for a couple of years.
    The timeclock is working.
    not sure what tariff were on but we buy both gas and electric from Npower.

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So if you have readings 1 month apart, you will know exactly what your monthly usage is and so what your monthly bill should be. However remember that your gas usage will be minimal over the last 3 months, and now start to rise dramatically as the weather gets colder. So your account should now be in credit to take you through the winter without going into debt.
    If you don't know what tariff you are on then you are probably on the most expensive standard tariff-switch as soon as possible.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No, £75 does not seem excessive. That is, if that is the requested monthly instalment. If you have used £75 of gas each of these past months then you got trouble.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure