URGENT Changes to Morgage Interest Support [merged]

Options

Comments

• dave030445
    dave030445 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    dmg24 wrote: »
    I contacted Abuse this morning to ask them to delete the off topic threads, but still no joy. :o
    Some posts have been removed. its a shame when people come on here to have a moan that people dont go to work and just sit around all day. When they dont know the full story
  • dave030445 wrote: »
    Why should this be lock its only peoples views on a subject. And people trying to give advice. I cant see that there is any thing wrong with that. I think we will get more people in the same boat, as the week goes on. And this is just the place for them to express they views, and what they are going to do.

the benefits forum isnt the place to discuss peoples views on benefit rules/laws but to help people who have questions relating to benefits

there are other areas of mse for discussing anything and everything
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    Just a reminder

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=365935

IN THE BENEFITS BOARD

This board is for people to work out what they are entitled to, and we hope other forummers will continue to provide invaluable help in this.

However, anyone disrupting threads in this board with their views on the benefits system, making impolite comments about benefits claimaints, or taking part in arguments (whether or not you started them) will have action taken against them

I have asked FT to look at this thread.
  • Tara100
    Tara100 Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As a newbie on this board, I would like advice on where I can start a discussion thread regarding this topic please.

I have been informed by Jobcentreplus that many (like myself) are not aware of the forthcoming changes, and that letters are going out regarding the financial changes which for most, will begin this October.

There will be many upset and worried people who will have questions etc, so please signpost me to where I can begin a new thread.

Thank you.
    All you need is love (and chocolate)
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    Tara100 wrote: »
    As a newbie on this board, I would like advice on where I can start a discussion thread regarding this topic please.

I have been informed by Jobcentreplus that many (like myself) are not aware of the forthcoming changes, and that letters are going out regarding the financial changes which for most, will begin this October.

There will be many upset and worried people who will have questions etc, so please signpost me to where I can begin a new thread.

Thank you.
    You are very welcome to post questions on here that relate to your claim, the discussion part relates to policy and opinions. We are here to help people with questions on benefits.
  • Tara100
    Options
    Thank you for the reply alwaysonthego

I thought that people in a state of panic will come in search of a discussion board (like I did earlier today) but may be put off by not knowing what they can or can't exactly say (I hope that makes sense!)
    I think I understand now, and thanks for explaining :smiley:

My head is a jumble and I'm still in shock since opening my Jobcentreplus letter today, but I have managed to get my mortgage shortfall down by half by deciding to cancel a life insurance policy along with cutting my weekly shopping bill to £20.00 along with other tweaks.
    I'm still feeling churned, and my already pared back to the bone lifestyle is getting worse and somehow will become more meagre yet, but the financial problem is halved at least.
    All you need is love (and chocolate)
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    Tara100 wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply alwaysonthego

I thought that people in a state of panic will come in search of a discussion board (like I did earlier today) but may be put off by not knowing what they can or can't exactly say (I hope that makes sense!)
    I think I understand now, and thanks for explaining :smiley:

My head is a jumble and I'm still in shock since opening my Jobcentreplus letter today, but I have managed to get my mortgage shortfall down by half by deciding to cancel a life insurance policy along with cutting my weekly shopping bill to £20.00 along with other tweaks.
    I'm still feeling churned, and my already pared back to the bone lifestyle is getting worse and somehow will become more meagre yet, but the financial problem is halved at least.

Try the Oldstyle moneysaving board, people on there spend very little to feed their families.
  • MissMoneypenny
    Options
    Try the Oldstyle moneysaving board, people on there spend very little to feed their families.

The Debt-Free Wannabe board will help too with cutting down, or getting the same for cheaper. Just start a thread there and post them a list of your outgoings and incomings.
    RENTING? Have you checked to see that your landlord has permission from their mortgage lender to rent the property? If not, you could be thrown out with very little notice.
    Read the sticky on the House Buying, Renting & Selling board.

• dazzammm
    Options
    if you want a moan I have set up a facebook group "campaign to make SMI fairer"

People need to be told about this.

It also contains a link to the governments impact analysis document
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    dazzammm wrote: »
    if you want a moan I have set up a facebook group "campaign to make SMI fairer"

People need to be told about this.

It also contains a link to the governments impact analysis document

Also posted earlier in the thread. It makes for interesting reading, but does appear swayed towards a certain conclusion.
    dmg24 wrote: »
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family