What does your guinea pig play with??

Options
Hello, looking to buy some toys for my little pig. What does yours play with, dont want to go to pet shop and spend a fortune for the pig not to bother. What can you suggest? Thanks you lovely people!!
RIP Floyd - 19/04/09. I know i'll see you again my best friend forever.

19/06/2013 T12 incomplete Paraplegia, down but not out.

Comments

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ours has one of these, we stuff it with hay and he spends ages pulling the hay out to eat. It's annoying though, it has a bell :D

bounceback_small.jpg

Other than that, nothing. He likes to sit on my lap and watch TV :D
    Bulletproof
  • Mumstheword
    Options
    We have a shed full! They dont actually 'play'.

They love tubes to run through though. Is there a carpet shop near you? A carpet inner tube is ideal size, cut up into smaller lengths.

And I stuff toilet roll inners with hay, which they tug at to get it out.
    *** Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ***

If I don't reply to you, I haven't looked back at the thread.....PM me :)
  • SmileBeHappy
    Options
    they're like humans, each one may have a different favourite toy, or a least favourite, although tubes were fun
  • jennybear
    Options
    Like other posters said, my guinea pigs (17 at one point!) used to love tube - we used narrow drain pipes saw into pieces and with bends and the little squeakers used to run in and out of them all day. Also hand when we were trying to catch them to put them out in their garden pen.
    Also nibbling blocks (u can buy them cheap from any pet shop) - the pigs seemed to enjoy them and they were good for them too - with guinea pigs you have to keep an eye on their teeth length - their teeth keep growing and they need something to gnaw on to keep them from getting too long - I had a rescue guinea pig who couldnt eat because her teeth had grown too long and actually curled back up into her mouth - cue several expensive vets visits!
  • waterbaby
    Options
    One of mine loves to hide in boxes, and turn them over so you can't see her! Piggy's instincts are to hide, so I find that anything that involves going under, behind or through things is generally a hit.

I have a long term plan to get mine a large area full of tubes and hidey places. I'll have about six then, instead of just two. A little colony. First I need to afford a house with a larger garden. That's another story isn't it.
  • singlehouseholder
    Options
    Thankyou everyone, I got her some little bark bits to chew but she doesnt seem that interested, she does love just sitting on my knee wrapped in a fleecy getting a stroke, the little tinkers nipped me a few times too! Going to get some tubes for her to play with and try and find some sort of rope/bell toy to hang from cage. Thanks all.
    RIP Floyd - 19/04/09. I know i'll see you again my best friend forever.

19/06/2013 T12 incomplete Paraplegia, down but not out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure