E-On Staywarm electricity only

Options
bellabooski
bellabooski Posts: 164 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 15 September 2010 at 8:10AM in Energy
Hi everyone,

I am over 60 and live alone in a small 1 bed flat in a very rural area with no gas supply and I'm currently on Southern Electric Economy 7 (electric storage heating)
I'm interested in the E-On Staywarm tarriff for the over 60's and last night was given a quote of £70.79 per month by an E-On representative over the phone.I said I would think about it.
I think it sounds a bit high so I'll outline my situation:

3 electric storage heaters (off peak only)
Twin immersion heater (no baths so only use the small tank during off peak)
Electric shower
No use of hob and oven (I'm disabled so have microwave meals delivered)
washing machine used twice weekly on very short programme
1 fridge
1 freezer
tv
laptop
energy bulbs throughout
in very cold weather I will be using log open fire (hopefully will be able to get multifuel burner next year)

I'm home a lot due to disability so obviously my usage will be higher than folk who are out all day.
Does anyone else think that £849.48 is a little high for a year's electricity or am I completely out of touch with the reality of rising fuel prices?
Perhaps Brian the company rep from E-On could help too.
Many thanks in advance for any advice or feedback
kind regards
Bella:)

*I should add that I've only lived in this flat for one month,I previously lived in 1 bed flat with communal heating so only had very low electric usage for which I paid Southern Electric £25 per month,so that's why it's tricky to estimate what the cost in my new property will be.

Comments

• E.ON_Company_Representative
    E.ON_Company_Representative Posts: 806 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there bellabooski,

The amount doesn’t sound too high to me but it will depend on a few factors. One of those is your past usage, which will be a little difficult to work out as you’ve only lived there for a month or so.

The other things we look at are the number of people who live at the property and your age. The main factor is your past usage so that’s going to be the tricky one to get right at the minute.

One thing to mention is that if you get a quote on Staywarm prices for a second year, (a renewal), it will base the quote on your actual usage. So you may find that the monthly costs in the second year are more accurate.

I’m sorry, I’m not sure if this is a lot of help. You may want to talk to the Staywarm department to clarify a few points.

Thanks

Brian
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bellabooski
    Options
    Thankyou so much Brian for your advice it is very much appreciated.I think maybe the best thing to do would be to stay with my current supplier for now and see what the usage is particularly through the winter months.
    kind regards
    Bella :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family