Been Refused

Options
Hi everyone,

I am trying to claim my bank charges back from Natwest and thought that I should open another bank account just in case they decide to close mine down. I applied to Nationwide and they refused me!! Said my score was too low :-( I dont know where to go to now, can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks
On The Debt-Free Road, Penny By Penny!
£20,000 in 36 Months = £0/£20k

Comments

• sofa_surfer
    Options
    Does this means they willl not give you an account at all? Not even a cash card one?
    iaye carramba!
  • Big_Mac_3
    Options
    Yeah, they just said that my credit score wasnt good enough and my application had been refused. I need an account that allows direct debits and a cashcard but just dont know where to turn. Any suggestions anyone?
    On The Debt-Free Road, Penny By Penny!
    £20,000 in 36 Months = £0/£20k
  • sofa_surfer
    Options
    You could try their Cashminder account; see also
    www.fsa.gov.uk/consumer/consumer_publications/"
    for more info and list of providers/features
    although what Nationwide said to you is a bit strange - I was thinking they are offering the Flex Account with cash card facility to anyone that does not score enough for a Flex Account with full facilities (debit card, chequebook)
    iaye carramba!
  • BWZN93
    BWZN93 Posts: 2,182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You could try their Cashminder account; see also
    www.fsa.gov.uk/consumer/consumer_publications/"
    for more info and list of providers/features
    although what Nationwide said to you is a bit strange - I was thinking they are offering the Flex Account with cash card facility to anyone that does not score enough for a Flex Account with full facilities (debit card, chequebook)

You need to find out whether it was refused on credit score or credit reference, reference being from experian etc, or scoring, which is Nationwide's score card made up of various things such as credit reference, information provided on the application, etc etc. If it is credit reference, then it will be harder to get an account anywhere, scoring might not mean the credit reference was bad, its just that given the risk (for a smaller institution than Lloyds for e.g.) they would prefer not to take your business but others probably would.

Jo x
    #KiamaHouse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family