Forum Home» Budgeting & Bank Accounts

New Demo ho-ho tivator tool! - Page 4

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

New Demo ho-ho tivator tool!

edited 14 September 2010 at 7:01PM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
55 replies 6.3K views

Replies

• Its funny how even just 1 can of coke can mount up to £62 by Xmas
  • ailuro2ailuro2 Forumite
    7.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too have a bit of a habit, 60p a time for coke from the vending machine at work...

much cheaper to buy it at the supermarket and take it to work, but it's COLD from the vending machine...

it's getting to the time of year when I can bring back the fridge for my office - a plastic bag hung out of the window - I'm just glad I look out onto spare ground where no one can see it (or nick it, it's ground level!)
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • worked really well for me!!
    but worked out oh smoking habits, and am going to show him tom!!!!!
    i think its a great idea, makes you realise just how much you spend on things you don't really need!! well done:money:
    i keep losing weight, but it just keeps on finding me!!!!!!:D
  • Just tried it.

I found I could have done with a print button by it and would have liked the option of monthly buttons.

It really is marvellous though!

Off to put my list on the fridge to scare the children and stop them wasting money! LOL!! ;)
  • TaloolahTaloolah Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its amazing how much I could save by giving up my starbucks coffee, I think I will give it a try and buy a flask instead.
    Many thanks to the wonderful staff at Birmingham Childrens Hospital caring for my tiny and very poorly grandson who was born at 29 weeks. Thanks to them he is getting a little stronger every day.:A:A:A
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • dobydogdobydog Forumite
    18 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    great tool, works well for me, frightening how much those little extras mount up to.
  • edited 15 September 2010 at 6:48AM
    youngieyoungie Forumite
    996 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 15 September 2010 at 6:48AM
    surprising how small amounts add up but do I want to forgo the chance of winning a fortune by not buying that lottery ticket? tough call! great tool to show novice money savers how little changes add up
  • looks good, and usefull.
  • jemtomjemtom Forumite
    350 posts
    eeek definately time to quit smoking cant believe how much i spend on them and how much i could save although thats my only vice but thanks martin you have made me see how much extra i could have without the ciggies!
  • scottishlassscottishlass Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I like it - although the every work day not rounding down is slightly annoying (£70.70 at a £1 a day) but other than that quite a handy little tool.
    2020 Mortgage-Free Wannabes #20 £1495.03/£2760 OP
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support