Adjudicator questions for HFC bank

Options
i have already had my claim with HFC Bank upheld but they are appealing so i have been asked more questions by the adjudicator, one of them was why didnt i cancel the PPI, can anyone help me with a concise answer? thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    daylad wrote: »
    i have already had my claim with HFC Bank upheld but they are appealing so i have been asked more questions by the adjudicator, one of them was why didnt i cancel the PPI, can anyone help me with a concise answer? thanks

Hi there

That is so annoying, but I am aware that some will ask to review, but do not worry.

Maybe the cancellation terms were not explained to you at the time and you did not cancel because you then assumed by the time you could it would not then make any difference to the monthly repayments.;)

Good luck with this.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Bit late i know!!! but if this was front loaded ppi you would not have received a decent rebate and you would continue paying this the term of the loan. Sometimes when you cancel ppi you have to take out a new loan without ppi and that means a new term and sometimes higher apr.Hope this helps x
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah good thinking amersall that is so true :T:T
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Common_Sense_2
    Options
    surely you should have your own reasons why you didn't cancel it?
    We've spent decades teaching people about their rights, but nothing about their responsibilities.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure