After 2 years Barclays found ppi on my mortgage

Options
Hi guys

After 2 years of waiting Barclays have finally "found" a PPI that I had on a mortgage (taken out in 1999 until 2004).

I received a call from the Ombudsman last week who told me that she had been in touch with Barclays and that they have now found a PPI on their system. I can't believe it, I'm dumbfounded; after all this time waiting I thought it was forgotten about!

Not sure how much it is worth tbh but hopefully I won't have to worry now about the kids' Christmas pressies :T

Any advice on how long to leave it before getting back in touch with the Ombudsman? Not sure how long it takes after them admitting they've found the PPI to us actually receiving anything.

Thanks!
My LBM - December 2010!

Q.Q: £726; Payday Exp: £650; WDA: £375; L.S: £779; PDP: £649; 24/7 Money: £130
Provident: £1,700
Black Horse: £3,471
TOTAL: £8,480 :eek:

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    mrs_skint wrote: »
    Hi guys

After 2 years of waiting Barclays have finally "found" a PPI that I had on a mortgage (taken out in 1999 until 2004).

I received a call from the Ombudsman last week who told me that she had been in touch with Barclays and that they have now found a PPI on their system. I can't believe it, I'm dumbfounded; after all this time waiting I thought it was forgotten about!

Not sure how much it is worth tbh but hopefully I won't have to worry now about the kids' Christmas pressies :T

Any advice on how long to leave it before getting back in touch with the Ombudsman? Not sure how long it takes after them admitting they've found the PPI to us actually receiving anything.

Thanks!

Hi there

That is wonderful news, well done!:T:j

I would maybe give them a fortnight/3 weeks and ask for an update, they don't mind you doing that, good luck with this.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • mrs_skint
    Options
    Thanks Di3004!

I'll hang on for a couple of weeks then. I'm still shell shocked tbh. Just the thought of paying off a few debts and the kids (and us of course!) having a half decent Christmas is brilliant!
    My LBM - December 2010!

• mrs_skint
    Options
    BTW - Is there any way they can get out of it now after admitting they found a PPi on my mortgage? (probably being paranoid!)
    My LBM - December 2010!

• di3004
    Options
    Thanks Di3004!

I'll hang on for a couple of weeks then. I'm still shell shocked tbh. Just the thought of paying off a few debts and the kids (and us of course!) having a half decent Christmas is brilliant!

Aww bless ya.:D;)
    That will be lovely.X
  • di3004
    Options
    BTW - Is there any way they can get out of it now after admitting they found a PPi on my mortgage? (probably being paranoid!)

I think all should be okay now, so no worries afterall the FOS are dealing with it for you.:T:D, good luck anyway and hope its all resolved very soon for you. X
  • mrs_skint
    Options
    Thank you di3004, I'll let you guys know as soon as I hear anything x
    My LBM - December 2010!

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,428 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just because they have found you had MPPI, doesnt mean that they are going to uphold your complaint.

In 1999, having MPPI (or ASU as it was known then) was considered best advice (it stll is today where appropriate).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • mrs_skint
    Options
    Thanks dunstonh you just made my day
    My LBM - December 2010!

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,428 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry. You may still be successful. However, its a bit premature as finding it just means they can now look into the sale of it. Its a very long time ago and if it was paid monthly and you were eligible for cover and had a financial need then you would expect a rejection.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • mrs_skint
    Options
    ok, thank you. I'll just have to wait and see then.
    My LBM - December 2010!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills