Hsbc ppi

Options
I have sent the first letter to HSBC regarding the PPI on my wifes current loan and 2 previous loans, but have a question.

The loan agreement for the current one has a breakdown and explanation of ppi, but when she went to get the loan the whole process was rushed to the point it wasnt really explained.

In fact is was so rushed they didnt even ask her to fill in her copy of the loan agreement, therefore the ppi box is not ticked and is unsigned.
Is the fact her copy is not filled in, a good thing for her?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    rustyballz wrote: »
    I have sent the first letter to HSBC regarding the PPI on my wifes current loan and 2 previous loans, but have a question.

The loan agreement for the current one has a breakdown and explanation of ppi, but when she went to get the loan the whole process was rushed to the point it wasnt really explained.

In fact is was so rushed they didnt even ask her to fill in her copy of the loan agreement, therefore the ppi box is not ticked and is unsigned.
    Is the fact her copy is not filled in, a good thing for her?

Hi there

Good luck on all reclaims.

If ppi is being paid on this loan and it was not signed for to take it out then they should not be taking payments for the ppi, so this can of course be reclaimed back.

Sorry if i have mis read on this.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • rustyballz
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there

Good luck on all reclaims.

If ppi is being paid on this loan and it was not signed for to take it out then they should not be taking payments for the ppi, so this can of course be reclaimed back.

Sorry if i have mis read on this.;)

Im assuming their copy was signed but it was extremely rushed and my wife even told them she didnt want ppi.

On her copy of loan agreement the bank staff did not get her to fill her copy in and circled the original loan amount (not including ppi) and the monthly amount to be paid back, not even explaining the PPI.
  • di3004
    Options
    Im assuming their copy was signed but it was extremely rushed and my wife even told them she didnt want ppi.

On her copy of loan agreement the bank staff did not get her to fill her copy in and circled the original loan amount (not including ppi) and the monthly amount to be paid back, not even explaining the PPI.

Just a thought, if this account is still active you could try to ask for a copy of the agreement and see what that one brings.

Just write a simple letter give them the account number details, and enclose £1 cheque or postal order, request they supply the agreement copy by 12 - 14 days.
  • rustyballz
    Options
    We have phoned them this morning asking for PPI to be removed from the remainder of the loan. They said they would have to restructure the loan, crunched some numbers, then came up with a figure for the remaining 23 months that was £7 more a month then im paying now!
  • di3004
    Options
    We have phoned them this morning asking for PPI to be removed from the remainder of the loan. They said they would have to restructure the loan, crunched some numbers, then came up with a figure for the remaining 23 months that was £7 more a month then im paying now!

Are they sending this in a written breakdown by post as well?

That is so annoying isn't it?
    I'm sure i was reading that someone else was in the same position here.

I take it then the cooling period have passed, that is normally the first 30 days of when taking out the finance, if cancelled within that time the payments would have reduced a month, but still I would not be happy about what they are doing either.
    Maybe someone else will post up of some advice on where to go with this one, fingers crossed it will get sorted out soon.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport