How is PPI reclaim paid back?

Options
Hi
I am currently awaiting a decision from Santander if i can reclaim PPI payments I made from an old GE Capital loan I had back in 2006.
Assuming the claim gos in my favour,how would the money be paid back to me?
The reason I ask is that i changed the bank from which payments were made to my (at the time) girlfriends about halfway through the loan term.
When i originally took out the loan it was using my bank details and thats where payments were made but then changed to my partners bank halfway through.
I am concerned that they may make the payment to my ex's bank account :mad: (if they decide to make any payment at all) and I obviously DONT want that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Gareth

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    gazamana wrote: »
    Hi
    I am currently awaiting a decision from Santander if i can reclaim PPI payments I made from an old GE Capital loan I had back in 2006.
    Assuming the claim gos in my favour,how would the money be paid back to me?
    The reason I ask is that i changed the bank from which payments were made to my (at the time) girlfriends about halfway through the loan term.
    When i originally took out the loan it was using my bank details and thats where payments were made but then changed to my partners bank halfway through.
    I am concerned that they may make the payment to my ex's bank account :mad: (if they decide to make any payment at all) and I obviously DONT want that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Gareth

Hi Gareth
    Welcome.

First of all good luck on your reclaiming.

Hopefully someone who have had dealings with these will know and confirm, but some will refund the ppi by a cheque payment, you can always ask them if you want to, for instance if you receive a letter that confirms they have upheld and they have not actually given any details on how this is being refunded I would put it into writing and request they send by cheque payment.

Is this loan settled or active?

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • gazamana
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi Gareth
    Welcome.

First of all good luck on your reclaiming.

Hopefully someone who have had dealings with these will know and confirm, but some will refund the ppi by a cheque payment, you can always ask them if you want to, for instance if you receive a letter that confirms they have upheld and they have not actually given any details on how this is being refunded I would put it into writing and request they send by cheque payment.

Is this loan settled or active?

Di

Thanks for the quick reply

The loan was settled quite a while ago.
    I'm hoping it all go's well and I think I have a good case so obviously slightly worried that my ex might get even more money out of me:mad: if it gets paid to her account.

Thanks again
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply

The loan was settled quite a while ago.
    I'm hoping it all go's well and I think I have a good case so obviously slightly worried that my ex might get even more money out of me:mad: if it gets paid to her account.

Thanks again

If its settled then you should be able to request the refund by a forms of a cheque payment.

I would make them aware that you no longer bank with that account and a cheque would be acceptable.

I'm sure it will be okay.;)
  • gazamana
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    If its settled then you should be able to request the refund by a forms of a cheque payment.

I would make them aware that you no longer bank with that account and a cheque would be acceptable.

I'm sure it will be okay.;)

Do you think I should contact them tomorrow or wait untill I hear back from them? I'm still not even sure if they are going to pay out yet.
  • di3004
    Options
    Do you think I should contact them tomorrow or wait untill I hear back from them? I'm still not even sure if they are going to pay out yet.

I would personally wait until you hear from them first, they do have 8 weeks to give a decision, but if you've been waiting a couple of weeks already, there is no harm done in asking for an update of your reclaim.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport