Natwest single premium insurance

Options
Hi

I'm currently sorting through my finances and have a loan with natwest for £15,000. The monthly payments are £292.

I am considering taking out a new policy to cover my mortgage and other bills incase of sickness / unemployment.

is there anyway to calculate what the monthly premium would go down to if i were to cancel it. Or am i best to contact the bank?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Donetello wrote: »
    Hi

I'm currently sorting through my finances and have a loan with natwest for £15,000. The monthly payments are £292.

I am considering taking out a new policy to cover my mortgage and other bills incase of sickness / unemployment.

is there anyway to calculate what the monthly premium would go down to if i were to cancel it. Or am i best to contact the bank?

Hi there

Does the Natwest loan include ppi as well?

So you want to take out an insurance to protect both the loan and mortgage the same time?

Yes best to be with protection rather than without and I understand this can be done, but best to get advice on this first by someone who will know more on this, who may post up soon with some advice for you.

Right, well you could contact the bank to ask, but if the loan been running for more than 30 days, which is normally the cooling period of when taking out the loan, if the ppi was cancelled in that time, they do then normally reduce the loan payments by removing the ppi, but its best to check what they do after the cooling period.

I think this will be one for dunstonh to help with, hopefully dunstonh will be along at some point today.;)

Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Donetello
    Options
    Hi.

That is what i am wanting to check. I have worked out that as the premium is front loaded that a 1/3rd of my payment is insurance.

I am just checking to see if it is financially viable as i have a quote for insurance of £37 / month to cover mortgage / loans etc

hope someone can help
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Dunstonh are you about? lol

Please do you think you could give some advice on this one please, many thanks.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,431 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry, didnt spot this one until now.

It shouldnt be any more expensive than £6pm per hundred pounds of cover but more likely to be around the £3 per hundred mark.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • dec22
    dec22 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    Hopefully Dunstonh will come back to this regarding advice on cancelling your PPI as i only have limited knowledge. As Di says, once you pass the cooling off period, you are penalised quite heavily and the savings are then minimal. You need to check you PPI policy for exact terms. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure