I became single again this morning...

Options
After a relationship lasting over 2yrs where we have lived together in a rented flat. My relationship came to an end this morning. Gutted but was also expecting it. It doesn't make you feel any better though.

In a way I'm sitting here feeling numb, hoping that whatever happens in the future we can try to avoid hurting each other.

I just want someone to stop the world for a while cause I want off!
Treat others as you would like to be treated :A

Comments

• pandas66
    pandas66 Posts: 18,811 Forumite
    Options
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))).........you have my sympathies, at work just at the moment, came on for a sneaky look only.....ya know how it is!
    Panda xx

:Tg :jo:Dn ;)e:Dn;)o:jw :T :eek:

missing kipper No 2.....:cool:
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    (((((((zincoxide)))))))

Take time to do whatever you feel you need to do today, don't worry about you ex's feelings or doing what's "right" just do what you need to for the time being.

As devastating as it is at the moment try to remember that "this too will pass".
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    aww sorry zincoxide[IMG]http://smileys.!!!!!!/cat/23/23_28_121.gif[/IMG] its never easy even if you expected it. Why not do something special for yourself

Take care
    Nels x
  • djdido2
    djdido2 Posts: 3,446 Forumite
    Options
    hey i have split up recently. avoided it for a long while as i was scared. can honestly say it is the best thing i have ever done. feel free and liberated. have met new friends, kept myself really busy trying new things and catching up with friends. its a hard time but it will pass. keep occupied!!

take care

we are all here to talk things through and offer support. dont worry be happy

x

djdido
    I'm not a "SINGLE" mum, I'm a "DOUBLE" mum!:D
  • loopy_lass
    Options
    Aww krappy feeling eh? well i split from my fella some 4 months ago, felt terrible because i had LOST A HABIT. Began to feel ok about it then he wanted to sort things out, so i agreed, now 2 months into "sorting" things out i realise i would rather be on my own.... but i dont want to hurt his feelings again. So.. dont make any decisions while your in turmoil, ride it out, know it will get better & everything happens for a reason.

Keep on keeping on you will get through this.... just dont do what i did and go back hoping it would be different this time.... it isnt! its just harder to leave again...

best wishes....

loops
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
  • abbecer
    abbecer Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs to you xxx

Rebecca x
  • zincoxide
    zincoxide Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all... I'm trying to eat and get myself into my normal routine. Hopefully that will help, will also organise loads of visits to friends & family etc.

I've just got this real numb feeling and realise that a lot is going to change soon and I'm scared of being on my own.
    Treat others as you would like to be treated :A
  • grade15
    grade15 Posts: 543 Forumite
    Options
    how youuuuuu doing? :dance:
    smile everyday...cos its free :)
    Live everyday to the Full..cos there is no tomorrow:dance:
  • loopy_lass
    loopy_lass Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    Options
    being on ur own has its advantages, make a list and keep adding to it.. i have no family, no friend, just my 15 yr old daughter and my dog.. so i do understand, but i read a lot, i watch what I WANT on TV, when I WANT, i go to bed when I WANT, i get up when I WANT, i eat when it suits me & my daughter, we go shopping when we want, to where we want, for however long we want.

I eat galic cos i can, i eat vegetarian food when i want, i have a bath and put my hot water on when i like. I answer my phone and emails when i like and so on and so on...

theres a definate upside darls ..... keep a list...

loops
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    aw big hugs

now is the perfect time for you, get to know yourself again as daft as that sounds, it's amazing how much we change/adapt/compromise when we are with someone.

find out who you are, and what you want to do.

Big hugs though to help you through the pooey-pants feeling.

x x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport