Bristish Gas price freeze 2010

Options
Hi all

can anyone remember the figures for the above?

i thought it was for gas

3.032p for the 1st 1143 kwh and 2.113p thereafter

for electric

13.586p for the 1st 225 kwh and 7.846p thereafter

they are ACTUALLY charging me

GAS

base rate 1 @ 225.00 kwh at 4.959p
base rate 2 @ 10.70 kwh at 2.801

for 44.89 kwh at 3.277 per kwh
for 920.35 kwh at 4.412 p per kwh

WHY CAN THEY MAKE THIS SIMPLIER..LOL

ELECTRIC

ill make it simply

between 18.737p per kwh and 9.576

If anyone has the price freeze figures i`d be grateful, also, i cant see the £30 winter payment deduction either

Must say British gas are a shower

tried phoning once, left on hold for an hour

e-mailed sinced March (over the query above) e-mailed a total of 10 times...not one reply or acknowlegement

sent 2 letters via royal mail...not one reply

i have now got enerywatch involved, but i STILL havent heard anything

cant wait to change providers, but i think im tied until 2010

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    The prices for the 2010 tariff are all in the latest booklet that I have rec'd from BG

You are correct about gas - 3.032p and 2.113p(incl VAT) That applies across UK
    Of course electricity prices vary across the country.

The prices you quote(13.586p/7.846p) are for the SWEB area.

Those are the prices you should be paying on the fixed to April 2010 tariff payment by DD.

The prices you give for what you are actually billed for are for the latest BG Standard tariff(wef 4 Sept 2006) without VAT

So you are clearly not on the 2010 tariff. Did you not get a confirmation letter last year confirming you were on the 2010 tarif? You had to apply by 28 Nov 2005.

I think you are going to have great difficulty trying to get put on an old(and much cheaper tariff) 10 months after it closed. Especially, if you haven't had that confirmation, letter you would have been paying bills at the Sept 05 rates and Mar 06 rates(instead of fixed to 2010 rates) prior to your latest bill.
    You should have sent a recorded delivery letter as soon as you got your first bill on the wrong tariff.(easy to be wise after the event)

Lastly why are you paying all your bill at the Sep 2006 tarif? Some of it should be at the Mar 06 tariff and only the proportion from 4 Sept at the latest rates.
  • sweetnest
    Options
    thanks

i signed up to this over 12 months ago with a bloke outside somerfield !! i had the contract there and then and a letter later etc, also i kept an email from them
    back along

You may have heard how we've reluctantly had to change our energy prices, due to rising wholesale energy costs worldwide.

However, the good news for you is that as you made the smart decision to fix your gas with Price Protection you won’t be affected by our increased gas prices until your Price Protection contract ends.*

If you have any questions regarding Price Protection or you’d like further information about how it's working for you, visit our Price Protection information page

Yours sincerely

yes i am in the sweb area, i just cant find that initial contract

as i say, ive done all i can to get hold of these idiots, i think even energywatch is having trouble and i will not phone again to be held in q queue for over an hour

I did send an email when i thought something was wrong, trouble was i didnt have the price freeze rates to hand then, i only sussed something was wrong when i was paying the same as my mother, so i then checked, but i have been trying to get hold of them since March

surely they must have the contact there that i signed up to ??

thanks
  • sweetnest
    Options
    hi again

anyone got the info for someone really high up ??

im going to write a letter today hi-lighting everything and sending it special delivery

thanks x
  • sweetnest
    Options

Lastly why are you paying all your bill at the Sep 2006 tarif? Some of it should be at the Mar 06 tariff and only the proportion from 4 Sept at the latest rates.

i dont think i am

last 18 days @ 18.737p and 11.012p

last74 days @ 16.581p and 9.576p

i am turning my house upside down today to find that contract
  • Cardew
    Options
    sweetnest wrote:

You may have heard how we've reluctantly had to change our energy prices, due to rising wholesale energy costs worldwide.

However, the good news for you is that as you made the smart decision to fix your gas with Price Protection you won’t be affected by our increased gas prices until your Price Protection contract ends.*

If you have any questions regarding Price Protection or you’d like further information about how it's working for you, visit our Price Protection information page

Yours sincerely

That letter should be enough proof.

I had a similar letter after the March 2006 and Sept 2006 price rise were announced. - not quite the same wording.

I didn't sign any contract I phoned up(I have 2 dual fuel accounts - one for an Annex) and applied.
    For each account I got back a letter starting:

"Congratulations on protecting your gas and electricity with British Gas all the way to April 2010"

Good luck.
  • sweetnest
    Options
    hi,

just an update

i actually phoned and got through witn in 5 mins !!!!!! great start

spoke to this bloke who confirmed that I WAS on the price feeze 2010. I asked him why i had all the increases, he said you should have because the freeze started from THIS spetember...what !!! i said, no way, i signed up last september and the freeze started then, he said he was aware that it starts this Septemeber, anyway, i carried on and he refered me to another department

it was the debt department.....

finally got through to the right person, i explained everything to her, she was very apologetic and she personally will get this started so that on my next bill it will be sorted plus i`ll have back what they have overcharged me

i took her name as i now trust no one

also, the winter fuel rebate, i have the letter here stating i qualify etc, she put me through to yet another department to deal with this, but after being on hold for a while, i hung up, i shall write (recorded delivery) about that

so hopefully, all is now sorted, but i wont believe it until my next bill
  • Cardew
    Options
    Are you sure 'this bloke'(not you) wasn't confusing the 2010 price protection(freeze) with one of the two later price protection plans -price protection 2009 and price protection December 2009?

I am a little confused about the winter fuel rebate. I believe that is not a part of the price protection 2010 tariff.

I would still send a recorded delivery letter about the 2010 plan stating your position, and not wait until the next bill.
  • sweetnest
    Options
    hi

he could very well have, i did state that i signed up last year though

the winter fuel rebate is for people on certain disability benefits

i have just come back after sending a letter special delivery, i have hi lighted everything and i have even been cheeky enough to ask for compensation (phone calls, letters, special delivery cost £4.10) so we`ll see

thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport