Barclays Overdraft Insurance

Options
Hi,

I've had a Barclays overdraft for about 15 years, but it was always around 5k overdrawn - somehow I ended up with some form of PPI insurance for around £8.00 per month (Think this was a bank error, and it remained like this for a number of years)

Anyhow back in around 2005/6 I extended this overdraft to £8,000 and at the time I was focred to take out further PPI as Barclays stated the account already had it in place.

Obviously my premiums went to around £60.00 per month, plus around £40.00 for overdraft interest.

Does anyone think that I am eligable to reclaim this Overdraft PPI insurance as it was effectively forced upon me?

Thanks, Einstien.

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If the PPI was added without your consent then it seems to me that it was certainly mis-sold. Accordingly you should be able to reclaim your PPI premiums and compensation.

You will need to download the FOS questionaire, complete it and send it to the bank concerned. Keep a copy in case you need to refer to it later.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi and welcome

I agree with Consumerist, give it a go with your reasons you have by completing the questionnaire posted in Consumerist's post above, they have 8 weeks to give a decision, some may ask for more time, that is okay just as long as you know where you are.

Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    Options
    Einstien wrote: »
    Hi,

I've had a Barclays overdraft for about 15 years, but it was always around 5k overdrawn - somehow I ended up with some form of PPI insurance for around £8.00 per month (Think this was a bank error, and it remained like this for a number of years)

Anyhow back in around 2005/6 I extended this overdraft to £8,000 and at the time I was focred to take out further PPI as Barclays stated the account already had it in place.

Obviously my premiums went to around £60.00 per month, plus around £40.00 for overdraft interest.

Does anyone think that I am eligable to reclaim this Overdraft PPI insurance as it was effectively forced upon me?

Thanks, Einstien.

Hi There

I have claimed Business Loan Insurance from Lloyds. They may well state that because it was a Business Loan then they have a right to basically cover their backs. They should have given you the option of finding alternative cover for this loan. Good Luck
    :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport