cleaning up credit report experiences

Options
Hi all,

I have just finished typing out my letters requesting the dates be amended and was wondering how much success other people have had.
How long does it take the creditors to correct the dates? Have you had to write a 2nd lot of letters?

i would be glad to hear about anyones experiences!

thanks

Comments

• Max_1066
    Options
    I'm in the process of doing this having completed a one-off IVA. I found the creditors were showing the accounts as being in DEFAULT (which is correct) but still with an outstanding balance (incorrect).

I spoke with Credit Expert who said they would contact the various creditors (5 off) if I provided them with a completion certificate and the account details.

To be honest Credit Expert invariably come back after a couple of weeks to say I'd have to contact the creditors direct !!!!

Please bear in mind that creditors only seem to update the credit history records once a month (why is this ??) so don't expect any immediate changes. My Suggestion would be to send all the letters via recorded delivery then you know they've received it.

I've managed to get all bar one amended however MINT (RBS) are still dragging their feet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure