PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Oct ‘06 PMS Challenge

Options

Comments

• Cazzdevil
    Cazzdevil Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey I got off to a great start - I needed bread and butter (lol) yesterday and they were on offer at my local shop so I saved myself £1.09

Not bad for my first day I thought (o:
  • magni
    magni Posts: 651 Forumite
    Options
    I'll join in again this month:D Last month I managed to make £26.79 which was great:T although I had to use it up before the end of the month and the money I saved at the end of the month was virtual:o but hopefully this month will be better:beer:
    100 Day Pot £13
    £2 coin saver #205 £40 banked and £22
    Weekly Spend
    June NSD 9/10 DFW Nerd 54
  • the_optimist
    Options
    This is a brilliant idea. I won't have as much money this Christmas as before, so am keeping all my supermarket points til then.
    I found an old wooden money box, didn't know what to do with it. So now I keep vouchers in it, keep track of my points and will put money in it every time I use a coupon or get a special offer.

Had a good look around and this is what I've got so far:
    W H Smith points to the value of £5.16
    Tesco vouchers: £6.00 (wish I hadn't spent the last lot already)
    Tesco points so far: 381
    Nectar points: 3362
    Boots points: 2892
    Debenham vouchers £25.00 (got them for online surveys, not spent yet)
    Moeny saved from coupons: £0.25 (well, it's a start;) )
    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
    Chinese Proverb
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome the optimist :hello: you're off to a great start :T

magni - :T :T Well done on last month, at least you had that cash to use at the end of the month instead of needing to resort to cc or o/draft; 'virtual' is still good :):D :T

Cazzdevil - :T Great start :T :D Hang around Old Style long enough and before you know it, you'll have you're own bread maker and you'll be making your own butter too ;):D

I'll have to pop back later and update my savings/sig, I think I'm on a roll this month :o;):D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • cha97michelle
    Options
    I'm on a fantastic roll already this month. I guess it is easier to keep track of the bargains and spend time looking for them when you aren't at work. That will probably all change once the baby is here. ;)

M~y new plan is to transfer money to the savings account as i save it while on paid maternity leave, and then use the PMS to keep me going when the paid leave runs out and we have 5 months to go it alone. :eek:

savings so far are:
    • £10 from claiming a pigsback voucher
    • £9 from spending £30 of saved pigsback vouchers at boots and them having special offers. (wish i could get my head round what value the triple points offer has given me, but will just take that into account when spending my points.)
    • £3.22 - BOGOFs at somerfield
    • £0.75 - reduced food at co-op

will update as the month goes along. I've already met my target, but we'll see how i do at the ASDA for my big shop tomorrow. I know i have quite a few coupons to use up this month, so i might as well use them now while i remember and have time to.

Michelle, xx
  • scuzz
    scuzz Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    Options
    :j On going pot now at £300 :j

Lots of 5p of litre of petrol at Tesco being handed to me, so lots more savings this week as I fill up weekly
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • magni
    magni Posts: 651 Forumite
    Options
    I got my first PIN money of the month yesterday £5.27 savings on groceries at Tesco:T It's on the pot so no virtual money yet:beer:
    100 Day Pot £13
    £2 coin saver #205 £40 banked and £22
    Weekly Spend
    June NSD 9/10 DFW Nerd 54
  • cha97michelle
    cha97michelle Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    • £10 from claiming a pigsback voucher
    • £9 from spending £30 of saved pigsback vouchers at boots and them having special offers. (wish i could get my head round what value the triple points offer has given me, but will just take that into account when spending my points.)
    • £3.22 - BOGOFs at somerfield
    • £0.75 - reduced food at co-op
    • £5.80 - multibuy savings at ASDA
    • £3.50 - use of manufacturers coupons

Michelle, xx

so far, the running total = £32.27 and it is only the 5th. :T
  • BusyGirl
    BusyGirl Posts: 843 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Can I join in?
    This week I won the bonus ball at work, we all pick a number and pay £1 each week and the person with the winning bonus ball wins the money. It was a roll-over this week and I won £78! After giving my daughter her pocket money I have £75 pin money. :j
  • EagerLearner
    EagerLearner Posts: 4,976 Forumite
    Options
    I must say I am failing miserably at this... I can't seem to save money, then take the actual money I saved from our joint account... it seems sooooo hard! If my bill came to £22 because I saved £10, I find it impossible to then go and debit an extra £10 over to savings as I will then have spent £32... any tips anyone?
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business