PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Oct ‘06 PMS Challenge

Options
Oct ‘06 PMS Challenge

You will find the full detailed version of our Pin Money Savings Challenge
here

If you haven’t read it already, this month is time to read Martin's updated
Xmas Savings Boost article, you might be able to get more for your Christmas shopping ££’s with a bit of timely juggling. :D

Also, another reminder of this
Money Saving Spreadsheet to use in addition to Martin's courtesy of Eagerlearner. With a few tweaks it’s a great tool to keep track of your pin monies in the ‘Money Pot’ (as well as the fact it's a great tool anyway for tracking your spending and savings, including Pigsback and Quidco savings etc. too :D )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• cha97michelle
    Options
    I will set myself a small target of £10 as hopefully i will be having the baby, and then be unable to spend anything. ;)

If he's late, then i may drive myself mad at home and resort to lots of internet shopping, and make much more.:rolleyes:

My savings this month have been from savings on buying xmas pressies, and then i won a pigsback quiz again, so that was another pigsback voucher i could save for xmas.

also, my asda main shop was good for bargains as they were doing silly offers where it was cheaper to buy 2 items than 1, eg, fajhita kit 1 = £2.66 or 2 = £2.50.

I have a lot of vouchers to use up this month, so i will be trying to incorporate them, and getting the cupboards full so i don't have anything at all to worry about.

Good luck everyone.
    Michelle.
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    :T Well done, michelle! I'll have to keep my eye out at Asda :D

Last night, stopped off at a small Coop on the way back from Spanish:-

Cheese £2.74 (orginal price: £4.12; saving of £1.38)
    Salad veg .49p (op £1.99 saving of £1.50 )
    8 large ciabatta loaves @ 10p ea (op: @ 99p x 8 = £7.92; paid for 7 = 70p; saving of £7.22 :j :j

Total rrp: £14.03
    Total Spt: £ 3.93
    Actual savings: £10.10 Kerching!! :D :j :j

Hope the month continues like this ;):D
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've already got a bit of a headstart from October with £15 worth of Sainsbury's Vouchers received for doing a survey!
  • Queenie
    Options
    :T That's great jaybee!! :T
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    I'm going to join in this month (and every month after ;) ) as some close friends of ours have moved to Hawaii, and my lovely dear Daddy has said he will pay for our flight out there to go and see them next November - so I need to get saving for spending money :D My month will start tomorrow - can I include the remants of this months salary - £4.63 :o:confused:
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    Oooh - I'm in! :T

I am aiming for £5 as it's my first month...

I did the September grocery challenge and managed to 'skim' £12 from the joint account into savings account, based on making more batch meals. I hope to do the same this month PLUS any PIN money.

I am going to buy a (cheap) little purse for joint shopping money so we know what's there to spend - only problem is transferring it from handbag to handbag but hey ho - at least we may have some change left at end of month... :D

I can then move 'PIN' money pretty quickly into a savings pot :j
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
  • Queenie
    Options
    I'm going to join in this month (and every month after ;) ) as some close friends of ours have moved to Hawaii, and my lovely dear Daddy has said he will pay for our flight out there to go and see them next November - so I need to get saving for spending money :D My month will start tomorrow - can I include the remants of this months salary - £4.63 :o:confused:

Ooooh yes!! :D:D:D Delighted you're joining us :T
  • Queenie
    Options
    Oooh - I'm in! :T

I am aiming for £5 as it's my first month...

I did the September grocery challenge and managed to 'skim' £12 from the joint account into savings account, based on making more batch meals. I hope to do the same this month PLUS any PIN money.

I am going to buy a (cheap) little purse for joint shopping money so we know what's there to spend - only problem is transferring it from handbag to handbag but hey ho - at least we may have some change left at end of month... :D

I can then move 'PIN' money pretty quickly into a savings pot :j

Great idea! Old fashioned 'envelopes' are another way of doing it - that's how I carry my coupons too :D

:T Welcome aboard EL, really pleased you're joining in :D :T Oh, and don't forget to feature in the savings made by making your own B&B Puddings ;):D:D
  • Cazzdevil
    Cazzdevil Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I join in too please?
    Sounds like it might take a bit of getting the hang of, but I'm interested in seeing how much I can scrimp in a month.

I'll follow EagerLearner's lead and plump for £5 in my first month.
  • Queenie
    Options
    :hello: Welcome Cazzdevil, you are very welcome :D:D:D

Take one day at a time and just you'll soon be surprised how it will mount up :D

Wishing you all the best and very happy you have joined us :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business