yay! dd has a saturday job.

Options
finally, after months of nagging (from me), she has found a job in select, no more coughing up wads of cash for me:j the only problem I can see is that she may end up owing them money as it is a fashion shop and they like staff to wear their clothes, hence a 50% staff discount. :rolleyes: the money that I pay into her a/c can now go into an isa for her, to go towards driving lessons etc. maybe I am jumping the gun a bit as she doesn't start till saturday, but I am just so chuffed for her.:T she probably wont be so keen on a frosty, foggy morning, but that is what the chauffeur (dad) is for!:rotfl:

Comments

• djdido2
    djdido2 Posts: 3,446 Forumite
    Options
    good news for you. good stuff. just keep encouraging her.
    I'm not a "SINGLE" mum, I'm a "DOUBLE" mum!:D
  • pandas66
    pandas66 Posts: 18,811 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah, glad for you and her!

I have just encouraged my eldest to get a part time job, now he's happily spending his own money!

Its a win win situation!
    Panda xx

:Tg :jo:Dn ;)e:Dn;)o:jw :T :eek:

missing kipper No 2.....:cool:
  • coral
    coral Posts: 324 Forumite
    Options
    I used to be a manager of a restaurant & I liked hiring these keen 16 year old kids & watching them grow up over the next few years - having a job really helps boost their confidence & develop essential life skills - I hope she enjoys it!
  • holstar
    Options
    she will soon realise the value of money as well....'hang on, if want to buy that I have to work x hours', and then suddenly whatever you wanted to buy doesnt seem that important anymore. My spending went down hugely once I was spending money I earnt rather than pocket money
    One thing...that sets pulses racing...that gets hearts pounding...for which there is no substitute...only YOU can provide...blood.

Only 5% of the eligible population give blood: do something amazing today, save a life, give blood
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure