MBNA creditcard

Options
MBNA rejected my hubby's claim. Their reasons as follows: MBNA became the provider of your card since Mar 2005 as the a/c was converted to MBNA from HBOS and they advised us that the a/c had PPI. as a gesture of goodwill we have arranged for an immediate refund of the premium of 48 pence to your a/c this will show on the next statement.,as your a/c previous to MBNA was adminsitered by HBOS, please contact them directly. this is the final response.
what the heck is that? 48p for the a/c from 2005 till 2009? can any of you believe this??? what shall i do? should i write them back? should i write to HBOS? or should i just go to FOS? really really confused...

Comments

• Consumerist
    Options
    I think the problem here is that HBOS actually sold, or mis-sold, the PPI not MBNA. Restart the reclaim process with HBOS if you are alleging they mis-sild you the PPI.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there I agree with Consumerist, it was HSBO that still sold and set up this account, so you should pursue them.

Complete the FOS questionnaire as shown on link below, further down the page as stage one.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Send to HSBO, and keep a copy for yourself, this will save time later on, in case your not happy with the final outcome, then you can make a complaint to the FOS, as well as sending them a copy of your questionnaire, you also have to complete a FOS complaint form, if it goes as far as this, but hopefully it will be resolved by HSBO.

They have 8 weeks to give a response, they sometimes ask for more time, and give you a date of when you should hear, that is okay.

Good luck, please keep us posted.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Yasminakash
    Options
    Thanks again guys. the problem is, i am not sure if we have the details of the HBOS. so what shall I do? there will be no problem in sending them a complaint once i have got the details, on the other hand, how did MBNA work out just 48pence PPI since 2005 to 2009???
  • Consumerist
    Options
    Thanks again guys. the problem is, i am not sure if we have the details of the HBOS. so what shall I do?

All financial institutions are required to keep financial records for a minimum of six years so HBOS will have the necessary information for the period until MBNA took over.
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks again guys. the problem is, i am not sure if we have the details of the HBOS. so what shall I do? there will be no problem in sending them a complaint once i have got the details, on the other hand, how did MBNA work out just 48pence PPI since 2005 to 2009???

Hiya

Have you tried requesting for your data information?
    You can do this by sending a SAR letter.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

They should send you all they hold on you going back at least 6 years, some will still hold info even from earlier years.

They have 40 calendar days to comply, but you enclose £10 cheque or postal order for this request, if they are unable to provide anything at all, then they must return your payment with a letter of explanation.

Going by what they have told you, they must have some details on the account.
  • Consumerist
    Options
    what the heck is that? 48p for the a/c from 2005 till 2009? can any of you believe this??? what shall i do? should i write them back? should i write to HBOS? or should i just go to FOS? really really confused...

Further to di3004's post, you could also put in a SAR to MBNA if you haven't kept your MBNA statements.

Just a thought.
  • di3004
    Options
    Yes definately a good suggestion that Consumerist.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport