🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

capital one credit card

Options
has any1 had any dealings with cap1 c/c regarding their ppi, cos wen i foned them to cancel mine they said that it wil only make a difference of about £1.30, so wen i asked why it says 60 odd pounds on my statement they gave me a load of bullcrap which i didnt understand, so i cancelled anyway to see what difference it will make to my next statement, i just wondered if any1 knows wheather i can try to claim anything back,

:beer:
ippy

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    ippy1 wrote: »
    has any1 had any dealings with cap1 c/c regarding their ppi, cos wen i foned them to cancel mine they said that it wil only make a difference of about £1.30, so wen i asked why it says 60 odd pounds on my statement they gave me a load of bullcrap which i didnt understand, so i cancelled anyway to see what difference it will make to my next statement, i just wondered if any1 knows wheather i can try to claim anything back,

:beer:
    ippy

Hi and welcome ippy

If this was mis sold to you for any reason, then yes you can reclaim on the ppi.

Check the link below, with the checklist, if any of them apply to you then give it a go.
    Further down the page you will come across a FOS questionnaire, complete and send to Cap one (if these were the ones who sold it to you) and keep a copy in case you need to refer to it later on.

The questionnaires were issued by the financial ombudsman service (FOS) for the purpose for us to complain to the ones responsible and in replacement of the first template letter on this site.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

They have 8 weeks in full to respond, they may write to ask for more time - if they do that is fine, they should also then give you a timescale of when you should receive a decision.

Good luck.

Yes there have been many who have made ppi reclaims from these, check on the above success thread when you get the chance to, its a very long one though lol.:D;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family