Wrongful trading? Fraud? Or normal trading activity prior to liquidation???

Options
I placed an order for goods from Diamond Bathrooms over the internet (they have a showroom in Dudley and had been recommended on this site) on the 2nd August, I had put all the items in my basket over the weekend and when I tried to add another item on the Monday it would not update and just said "Catalogue Suspended" I rang to ask what was going on and was told to just check out that basket and order the other item separately - which I did and once again paid in full using my debit card over the telephone. (Alarm Bells should have been ringing but the person assured me it was just a technical fault).

2 weeks later I received the item I ordered over the telephone and have the corresponding invoice - which was issued the same day as I paid over the telephone, the first order however was never received and no invoice received either. As the goods on the first order were custom made from another supplier I have been able to check with them if Diamond Bathrooms did ever place the order with them or if Diamond Bathrooms had been struck off their authorised supplier list and they said "No" to both questions - but did confirm the last order put to them by Diamond Bathrooms was in July (my order should have been placed in August).

I tried to contact the company for weeks but the phone just rang and rang, I have today learned that they have ceased trading and have an insolvency advisor who, when I contacted him said they are not yet in liquidation - but it's just a matter of time.

I am confused by this - can a shop just close it's doors and say nothing to customers who have placed orders without fulfilling them for weeks on end?

How long do they have to decide if they are insolvent to the point of liquidation?

They obviously had no intention of placing my first order with the other supplier - they just wanted my money - isn't that wrongful trading or even fraud?

I didn't receive an invoice for the first order, all I have is the sagepay transaction and a POS transaction for £900 leaving my bank account in favour of diamond bathrooms is there any chance of getting this money back?

I feel so cheated and as I paid by maestro have no recourse with my bank.

Any advice welcomed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport