Need ideas for what to do in London??

Hi, I am going on a last minute trip to London tommorow and will have a whole afternoon free to do as I please, any ideas on what to do? Cheap is preferred and I am pretty much a London virgin so ANY ideas much apprecited!! Will be staying in Hyde Park area near to Paddington, but will have an Oyster card so doesn't matter on area

CC limits £26000

Long term CC debt £0

Total low rate loan debt £3000

Almost debt free feeling, priceless.

Ex money nightmare, learnt from my mistakes and never going back there again, in control of my finances for the first time in my adult life and it feels amazing. 

Comments

• oh gosh theres so much to do!
    theres the museums, the london eye, madame tussauds. can take a tour around buckingham palace (might wanna double check if thats going still...saw people leaving the tour exit yesterday but the palace tour is only limited while the queen is on holiday). theres countless musicals and plays going on at the west end (matinees usually around 2pm). theres shopping in all the famous places like hamleys toy store/harrods/oxford street. regular bus tours to all the touristy spots.
    literally the possibities are endless!
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Go to the 4D display before going on the London Eye, and then go back in afterwards.
    (you dont even have to go on the London eye to go and see this and its free.)

I was absolutely gobsmacked, there were pigeons flying past my ears, rain and mist on my face wathcing the show which only lasts about 5 minutess. what an experience that was, magic.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    What sort of things do you like doing?
  • cheers for the suggestions guys, will check out the 4D display and will be having a good mooch round the shops. Thanks!!

CC limits £26000

Long term CC debt £0

Total low rate loan debt £3000

Almost debt free feeling, priceless.

Ex money nightmare, learnt from my mistakes and never going back there again, in control of my finances for the first time in my adult life and it feels amazing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure