£100+ for tiling shower area

Options
Guy just been out to quote for tiling shower cubicle - its 6 - 7 square metres & the tiles are large (no pattern) approx 25cm x 33cm - he charges per square metre and said it would be £120 as a favour for is missus (my mate) normally he would charge £160 - is this a fair price??

Comments

• Alan_M_2
    Alan_M_2 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    Options
    It's cheap, but He should have mentioned tanking the area, if He didn't do so I'd question his knowledge of dealing with shower area, see my other post on the DIY forum.

Of course this is all relative to where you are, if your'e in London or the home counties it's effectively half price, if your in Wales It could be expensive..;-)
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Options
    I'd say it was a reasonable price based on the info you have supplied. Not necessarily overly discounted as you may have been led to believe but fair.
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • Alan_M_2
    Alan_M_2 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    Options
    My point exactly, what's more relevant is where in the country you area an what the going rate in that area is, rather than what the going rate for the work is.
  • virgin_moneysaver
    Options
    yes, I'm in Wales & never having to use a tiler before I have no idea what is reasonable - I thought around £75 - Just had a carpenter spend 4 hours installing my worktops in the kitchen including the inset of the sink & he only charged £45 for a very professional job
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure