DHL - "Parcel in transit, possible delay"

Options
Ricki
Ricki Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 1 September 2010 at 9:11AM in Praise, vent & warnings
I ordered a mobile phone from 3 last week, with a delivery date of yesterday (Tuesday 31st).

The phone didn't arrive; by its own admission, DHL, the courier, had sent the phone to a depot that doesn't deliver to my area. I called DHL customer services yesterday and was assured -- three times -- that it would be delivered today.

I called again this morning. Guess what? They've lost the parcel.

I spent all day yesterday waiting in, twiddling my thumbs.

I almost spend all day today waiting in, twiddling my thumbs again. If I hadn't checked the order on the site this morning, today would have been another wasted day.

Comments

• 4743hudsonj
    4743hudsonj Posts: 3,298 Forumite
    Options
    Well wheres it going too, lands end? John o' Groats? Cant really comment when you havnt told us how far the destination is from the current location.
    Back by no demand whatsoever.
  • Ricki
    Options
    Update: This thread was originally a big moan about DHL. It still is. But it's now also big praise for 3. The guy I spoke to at 3 customer services this morning has dispatched me a new handset.

Only problem is, I'm back to work tomorrow. I look forward to the endless phone calls to DHL to rearrange delivery. Fantastic.

Deutsche Post owns DHL. The Germans are generally very proud of their image of being hyper-efficient. It seems that ethos did not make it across the water.
  • astrix21
    Options
    DHL (pants!!) they have lost my mobile as well :mad: I have waited in two days now and nothing!! I rang yesterday and DHL said it was delayed and would be delivered today. I rang DHL earlier and todays excuse is it has been invloved in a security breach!! (maybe it was ticking:eek:) and they will only deal with the company who are supplying the phone, not me. Someone at DHL is filling their boots with our goods, perhaps they should get the rossers in to deal with the theiving scrotes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure