🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Natwest credit card application

Options
hi, i applied fot the pltimum card today and thought i would get a decision straight away but was advised i would get a decision in 5 working days
Does anyone know if this is the norm

Comments

• Savvy_Spender_South
    Options
    Its the norm when you hit the 50/50 bracket. If you were a gold plated applicant, a decision in principal could be instant. If you were a no no, that too could be instant. You need to wait out a few days, perhaps they will ask for confirmation docs like pay slips or utility bills.
    Marry a Foreigner, its so much cheaper!
  • joewa
    joewa Posts: 358 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that, i have 4 credit cards but want to close two of them for balance transfers, hopefully they will take this into account
  • stephane_2
    stephane_2 Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    Options
    joewa wrote: »
    Thanks for that, i have 4 credit cards but want to close two of them for balance transfers, hopefully they will take this into account

They will not take it into account, its the least of their concerns, what they will look into is what is your debt ratio compare to income and how much available credit you have.....if it is too high for their liking then probably will be a decline..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport