Tele with freeview wont work help please

My son gave me a tele that has built in freeview as it has a larger screen than the one i have, however it will not work with my ariel yet my other tele that doesnt have freeview built in is fine.
He had it connected via his sky ariel could this be my problem thankyou

Comments

• cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    woodess wrote: »
    He had it connected via his sky ariel could this be my problem thankyou

Do you mean the Sky dish? If so you cant get a freeview signal this way.

If though it's a normal Ariel and you have managed to get an analogue signal but not a freeview one. It could be the ariel needs realignment or the Ariel isn't good enough for a freeview signal. What happens when it scans for channels?
  • woodess
    woodess Posts: 264 Forumite
    cyberbob wrote: »
    Do you mean the Sky dish? If so you cant get a freeview signal this way.

If though it's a normal Ariel and you have managed to get an analogue signal but not a freeview one. It could be the ariel needs realignment or the Ariel isn't good enough for a freeview signal. What happens when it scans for channels?

It is a normal ariel and i cannot even get analougue signal when it scans for channels nothing happens
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Setting aside all aerial issues - has the OP scanned for channels, or been through the TV's 'setup' procedure?

Did the TV arrive with an instruction manual? If not, the OP should seek this out, either the paper copy that should be with the TV, or an online copy, possibly at the maker's website.....
  • googler
    Forumite
    woodess wrote: »
    It is a normal ariel and i cannot even get analougue signal when it scans for channels nothing happens

You can get analogue signal - the standard TV receiving channels via this aerial has proved that.

On the face of it, either the TV has been damaged in transit, or the aerial you're using is too weak, or not pointing at your local freeview transmitter (which may be a different one from that broadcasting analogue TV in your area).
  • woodess
    googler wrote: »
    You can get analogue signal - the standard TV receiving channels via this aerial has proved that.

On the face of it, either the TV has been damaged in transit, or the aerial you're using is too weak, or not pointing at your local freeview transmitter (which may be a different one from that broadcasting analogue TV in your area).

ok thanks very much for your help
  • googler
    Forumite
    You definitely mean a Freeview TV as opposed to Freesat....???

Make and model of TV?
  • woodess
    googler wrote: »
    You definitely mean a Freeview TV as opposed to Freesat....???

Make and model of TV?

hi yes freeview
    samsung WS - 32A1168
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills