Portrush airshow. What time Saturday. Best place to go

Options
13»

Comments

• tyronealan
    Options
    just returned home from the show and was very disappointted. Very poor air displays, no helicopters, one jet and a short red arrows display. No euro fighter either, although i mate rang me to tell me it appeared at 7:15!!!!!! Suppose that means it'll be there tomorrow? As for NIR, don't get me started!!!!
    What did anyone else think? I have gone for the last five years and its always been brilliant, kids always wanting to go back. Not this year.
  • flyer64
    Options
    smally wrote: »
    just returned home from the show and was very disappointted. Very poor air displays, no helicopters, one jet and a short red arrows display. No euro fighter either, although i mate rang me to tell me it appeared at 7:15!!!!!! Suppose that means it'll be there tomorrow? As for NIR, don't get me started!!!!
    What did anyone else think? I have gone for the last five years and its always been brilliant, kids always wanting to go back. Not this year.

Jeez, how disappointing. I guess much of it was down to the weather? It was fantastic last year, even though it wouldve blown your head off on Ramore Head. But at least it was dry. I imagine it was pretty miserable up there today. I was near the int airport and saw the RA go past to land - at that stage it was so cloudy I didn't think they'd take off again! Fingers crossed the weather picks up or tomorrow will be just as bad. And minus the red arrows!
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for asking the question flyer and thanks for the info smally ....we're hoping to head up tomorrow, lets hope it stays dry. :D

Pink
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Typical Tesco - hype over substance!
  • sam.wright_2
    Options
    i saw the eurofighter fly over yesterday evening- makes a right racket i can tell you!
    Norn Iron Club Member 417:beer:
  • rracergrl
    Options
    I really enjoyed the show, despite the weather, there were plenty of displays on the ground to amuse the little and big ones, my only gripe would be the amount of campervans taking up car park spaces. I paid for my weekends caravanning yet had to try to find an empty car park space in the main car parks. If these people can afford to buy big campervans why cant they be charged for taking up free car parking spaces??:mad:
  • absoluteutopia
    Options
    Just a note for this year

Red Arrows cancel Portrush date after pilot's death

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14691775
  • smokiewater
    Options
    Thanks absolouteutopia - we have a stall again this year, wonder what effect the Red Arrows not coming will have on the crowds
    DJWW - cos we won't let it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport