PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

veggie lasagne

Options
Hi does anyone know of a veggie lasagne reciepe where it isn't obvious that it is veggie .I'm trying to (even though I don't do the cooking )get half the meals we have each week to be veggie but two youngest are not too keen so really need a disguise for it IYKWIM;).Any help gratefully recieved
Paul Walker , in my dreams;)

Comments

• katholicos
    katholicos Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    You could buy Quorn mince from the freezer section of a supermarket and use it in place of meat mince.
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • uolypool
    uolypool Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Options
    katholicos wrote: »
    You could buy Quorn mince from the freezer section of a supermarket and use it in place of meat mince.
    Thanks I did think of this but ideally want to use veggies instead of the "meat red sauce"
    Paul Walker , in my dreams;)
  • jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    Lentils and pulses then is your best bet, but the will be able to see it, what about dried soya, you can get that in H&B? Asda's own make frozen veggie mince is very meaty IMO, too.
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    There's also the option of doing a roasted veg one, use peppers, courgettes, onions and mushrooms, but it's a very different creature altogether, but they would definitely know there's no meat in that!
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • Lobell
    Lobell Posts: 621 Forumite
    Options
    I use red lentils and finely chopped peppers, onions and carrot (you could add mushrooms too - I don't like 'em) in place of the 'meat'.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi uolypool,

If you don't want to use a meat substitute, I'm not sure how you are going to disguise the fact that it's a completely vegetarian lasagne. My lot are committed carnivores, but have accepted over time that I'll serve two to three veggie meals each week and are now quite receptive to new recipes. Could you get them involved in cooking it to work up some enthusiasm rather than trying to convince them they are eating meat when they aren't?

If they really are averse to veggies, could you use some meat (but less than you normally do) and pad the recipe out with lots of veggies, lentils etc?

These threads may help with recipes:

vegetable lasagne

Lasagne tips... Spinach and Ricotta

Lasagne - how to make it healthier?

I'll add your thread to the first link later when you've had more replies.

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport