Bankcharges and fees

Options
Hi,i was hoping someone could tell me if im in my rights to ask for my money that i believe has been taken from me unfairly from Hsbc.
They have in the past years uptill now been charging me for me going over my overdraft limit due to financial diffculties,being on child tax credit and my husband working on low income,we have debts which need paying.
I have written to them last year asking for repaying me due to financial difficulties and they helped me partially which was ok,but they also said they would review and if things didnt change would see what they could do to help,but after two months they said,they didnt think,i deserve anymore help,even though my situation was still the same.
about six months later i decided to take this further,and i wrote back but again rejected,again another 8 mths later i wrote again,and they said that i am confusing the charges for fees,and their decision remains the same as the last letter they wrote me.
I would like to no having no savings,also have 5 children all under the age of 12 years old,living in a rented accomadtion,am i in my rights to take this matter further to the Financial Obdusman,and fight my case,please can you reply.
Thank you.

Comments

• the_insider
    Options
    If they've written to you three times with the same answer I would say that one of them has probably been a final response (or deadlock letter as people refer to it). So if you've had one of those in the last six months then take it to the ombudsman.
    Getting married 02.08.14
    Wins for the wedding: membership for a 'wedsite' and app, £35 gift voucher for party supplies shop, £50 worth of hand painted signs, 1kg of heart shaped marshmallows :money:
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    myjaan36 wrote: »
    ...I would like to no having no savings,also have 5 children all under the age of 12 years old,living in a rented accomadtion,am i in my rights to take this matter further to the Financial Ombudsman,and fight my case,please can you reply.
    Thank you.

That probably does not constitute financial hardship, especially as the bank appears have come to that same conclusion 3 times now.

Financial hardship very briefly usually requires two elements:
    1. A sudden and unexpected drop in income (or increase in expenditure)
    and
    2. Priority debts as a result.

You can get full details in the links within the sticky about financial hardship online resources.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure