We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Media Player

Options
I generally play music on my PC through Windows Media Player. Every so often i go through the settings adjusting the graphic equalizer (as my son very often changes it), i have the tone how i want it, but there is something i dont understand, on the left of the graphic equalizer, there are three buttons you can click.

The first one says 'Set equalizer sliders to move independantly'.

The second one says ' Set equalizer to move together in a loose group'.

The third says 'set equalizer sliders to move in a tight group'.

I have clicked on each of them in turn, and i cant say they make much difference apart from moving the equalizer settings slightly. Can someone explain in simple terms what they do?

Comments

• iBusiness
    iBusiness Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Judi,

The first option lets you move each slider independent of the others, the second will 'tweak' the other sliders slightly so that they move a little in the direction of your chosen slider, the third option will keep all sliders together so moving one will effectively move them all at the same pace.

Imagine the options as magnet settings between the sliders. The first is no magnet, the second is a slight magnetic force, the third is a strong magnetic force.

Tough thing to explain, i hope this helps a bit?
  • Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    if you press option 1 then use your mouse to move one of the sliders only  that one will move
    with option 2, if you move 1 slider up those on either side will also move up eventually so you have quite a loose curve peaking with the slider you moved
    with option 3, it's similar to 2 but won't be as curved and all sliders will move up slightly eventually

it's mostly as iin general people don't require only one frequency altering on their music so it's just helping out by moving those frequencies around it to avoid it getting too out of sync

there'll probably be an even more indepth answer about exactly why but that's what happens with mine anyway!

(or as MSE MOd Too said!)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have set them to work independantly but since i cant actually hear any difference its guesswork really.

Now fiddle with the Trubass thingy and the house shakes!!!! Good job me neighbour is deaf eh?

Thanks for your replies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family