3yr old funding (what's it worth?

Options
13»

Comments

• BernadetteN
    Options
    Nurseries/care settings are no longer allowed to take full fees from parents then refund them once they receive the funding, because there is now the principle of the funding having NO MONETARY VALUE so they cannot refund you any money. They are only allowed to take fees for any hours above 2 1/2 hours a session, eg bill you for an hour if the session is for 3 1/2 hours and bill you in full for any sessions over the 38 weeks of funding. Settings are also no longer allowed to spread the funding value over whole years and charge parents lower average fees over the year.

If you know a setting which is not adhering to the above principles, I'd contact your local LEA.
  • BernadetteN
    Options
    Ps Settings are also not allowed to deliberately inflate the fees for hours above 2 1/2 hours to make even more money out of the system, but I bet there are plenty of nurseries out there doing exactly that.
  • yorkshirepudding_4
    Options
    I must add that in certain parts of England, and in Scotland, there is already funding for 2 year olds, but it's not for the full 12 1/2 hours that 3 year olds get. Maybe someone whose child gets 2 year funding can confirm?

the two year old funding is for 3 2.5 hour sessions a week, for lone parents/low incomes only, and one of the requirements is that the child is not already in childcare.
    It's definitely not definately!
  • Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Options
    the two year old funding is for 3 2.5 hour sessions a week, for lone parents/low incomes only, and one of the requirements is that the child is not already in childcare.

Is this only available in selected areas? How would i find out about this please?
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

My DS will go to the nursery attached to a children's centre in January. He can have 2 sessions joined together on one day so he is there for 5 hours and I just pay for his dinner or he can go for 2.h hours per day. He will also be going for 1 full day a week which I will have to pay £11 for because a full day is £27 and the funding is worth £8 a session (there are two sessions in a full day). Hope this makes sense.
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family