pregnancy after implants

Options
after reading a thread on life after the pill, it has inspired me to ask how long did it take you to get pregnant after having the implant in your arm taken out,

so far i've had mine out 3 months and still no luck in getting pregnant.

Comments

• dawnydee73
    Options
    Three months is still early, when I had the injection I was told it could take up to a year for me to get pregnant. It took five months, so don't start to worry yet and good luck.
  • plane_boy2000
    Options
    Sorry - read the header and thought you were talking about other implants!!!!!
  • Julysea
    Options
    I had implants taken out of my arm and found that they'd completely mucked up my system! I don't want to alarm you, but at the time, my doctor said it was quite average for it to take a year or more for your periods to return, and it took longer then that for me and the hormones seem to have triggerted Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which made getting pregnant very difficult for me. However, on a lighter note, I have now got 2 children. But it took almost a couple of years for my system to anything like recover from implants. If you're not actively trying to get pregnant right now you could try taking agnus castus (from health food shops) to try and rebalance your hormones, but don't take it if you may be pg. Good luck!
  • parsnips
    Options
    Julysea wrote:
    I had implants taken out of my arm and found that they'd completely mucked up my system! I don't want to alarm you, but at the time, my doctor said it was quite average for it to take a year or more for your periods to return, and it took longer then that for me and the hormones seem to have triggerted Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which made getting pregnant very difficult for me. However, on a lighter note, I have now got 2 children. But it took almost a couple of years for my system to anything like recover from implants. If you're not actively trying to get pregnant right now you could try taking agnus castus (from health food shops) to try and rebalance your hormones, but don't take it if you may be pg. Good luck!

you have not alarmed me, and its good to hear different peoples stories, my periods were everywhere at first (3 periods in 6 weeks) but the last 2 periods have arrived every 24th/25th day so i think they are trying to regulate themselves now, the doctor who took the implant out said i can get pregnant straight away but my husbands doctor said he wouldnt expect me to get pregnant for at least 6 to 9 months, so i am now heading into my 4th month of trying so we shall have to wait and see, thanks for your advice
  • janeawej
    Options
    i have always been told that it could take up to 2 yrs after implant removal or stopping injections to become pregnant, however it does seem like your body is getting back into a regular cycle so relax and good luck!!!
    Member 1145 Sealed Pot Challenge No4 ;)
    NSD challenge not to spend anything till 2011!:rotfl:
  • scholt
    scholt Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Parsnips

Mt depo injection 'ran out' 6 weeks ago and no sign of periods yet. It's been the longest 6 weeks ever but like others have mentoned the nurse did tell me it would take a while.
    I'm young, healthy and in no particular rush I guess, but its ironic that you send so many years worrying frantically over a missed pill or a slipped condom then when you want something to happen......!

Good luck and have fun trying. Look after yourself and have lots of nice weekend lie ins because sooner or later you won't be able to!

All the best x
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Options
    Improving your fertility generally would do no harm and may very well improve the situation. Ensure your vitamin d status is as high as possible
    as well as the suggestions here

Improve Your Fertility: Diet, Weight Loss, and Smoking

Remember that two people are involved and both need to be performing to standard. Both the Vitamin d and the suggestions at the above link apply equally to both parties. Vit d3, Zinc, selenium, vitamin c & E omega 3's will help and have other beneficial impacts on health anyway.

BIO–TECH Pharmacal Inc.The best source for Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol.

Zipvit are probably cheapest for Carnitine.
    When buying Vit C remember it has a half life of 30 mins when in the blood stream. Large doses mean vitamin c enriched urine. Small regular doses will avoid the problem so split you tablets in half or quarters and take through the day or buy Time Release formulations so you take the same amount (ideally 3g) in 3 separate tablets each 8hrs apart.

Lycopene Fights Infertility: article
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • Need_More_Money_2
    Options
    Sorry - read the header and thought you were talking about other implants!!!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who read the title that way..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure