Options
2»

Comments

• Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    chatta wrote:
    Unfortunately if you don't report it, the police can do nothing to help you or stop it happening to someone else tomorrow. Sorry that it happened to you x
    Report it but I doubt it will do much good about the recovery of your purse. The contents will definitely be gone.
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Angel777 wrote:
    Really sorry for you.

They really are mindless idiots who have absolutaly NOTHING going for them!

My car window got smashed and it took me the entire day to sort it out, i had to take the day off work!

It infuriates me, report it.
    My son's car window got smashed in when he took a walk up Arthur's Seat on Midsummer's night last year. He had only passed his test two days before.

We got it sorted but it spoilt his night and the aggro of having to get it sorted:mad:

We reported it but the b/stards didn't get caught
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • GUMPO
    GUMPO Posts: 376 Forumite
    Options
    Take it in your stride and Karma will sort them out.

This advice only counts to other people not me. I can stll lose my rag if I want.

Good luck with the rest.
    FREE THE WM3
  • Whits
    Whits Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    Contact the bus company to see if CCTV was installed, try to give them as much detail as you can - where you caught the bus, where it was going and what time it was.

Sorry, I feel for you
  • Sarahjovi
    Sarahjovi Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I lost a purse on a bus a few years ago, it was one of those small beaded purses and it had my front door key in it, when I got to my friends house, her mum suggest I phoned the police to see if it had been handed in. I didn't think for one minute that someone would have done that! But I phoned anyway and couldn't believe it, they had it there and I could go and get it! It restores your faith in human kind!

Sarah
  • Jamz
    Jamz Posts: 278 Forumite
    Options
    How do you know you were pick pocketed? could you not have just dropped them or they fell out your pocket on the bus?

I once chased down a pick pocket in Birmingham City Centre, spotted him taking a purse out of an old ladies bag.. Glad i did it too she had just taken out her weekly money to pay her bills and was having a sit down between the post office and the bank bless her. My other half on the other hand wasn't so happy as she was concerned the guy could of had a knife or something, I can still remember the other half screaming at me as i disappeared out of view.. never occured to me that i could get in trouble
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure