PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Hobbies/Crafts and MoneySaving ...

Options

Comments

• bonnie_2
    bonnie_2 Posts: 1,463 Forumite
    Options
    i have enrolled for yoga, dressmaking and nail art for september and also do aerobics on a thursday.i have just got an allotment.also i make my own cards and toiletries and have brought a scrapbook, candlemaking and beading kit to keep me busy in the winter.i sometimes dabble with glasspainting as well.what else cooking,washing,ironing,cleaning oh and shopping if you can class these as hobbies.
  • Rebob
    Rebob Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Camping-Now have a folding camper (bottom half is a caravan and the top is a tent). Go as often as possible at weekends.
    MSE-Like to read hints and tips while having an occaisional chuckle.
    Ebay-Selling to clear the clutter and fund essential purchases such as new undies and clothes for ds.
    The best bargains are priceless!!!!!!!!!! :T :T :T
  • starlorna22
    starlorna22 Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    ww, your black cat's lovely. Looks just like mine - Pudding.
    Comping Challenge
    Win back your annual internet connection costs
    Goal - £132

Won so far
    Charles Worthington Dream Hair Kit £20
    10 Sets of Football stamps £5
    Ainsley Harriet Cookbook £20
    Months supply of Copella juice £12
    Another Cookbook - Not received it yet, so don't know what it is :confused
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Options
    Like Math it's reading - the local library is just across the road from where I work so i'm in there most days, cross stitch - this can be expensive but e-bay is a godsend as are craft fairs and christmas/birthday lists, baking, PENPALs - I've just got another one. I like surfing and am known to my work colleagues as The Internet Queen - haven't worked out yet whether that means they think I don't do any work.... :confused: art galleries, museums, watching BAD 70s cop shows (professionals for me and OH is watching the sweeney as we speak - shut it! :D ) and jigsaws - OH doesn't quite share this passion but come the dark nights when I am going to try and wean him off football :rolleyes: yeah, right..... :rotfl: oh and counting money - we were once getting some flowers off the local market off our regular stall (where they never charge me full price now and OH classes the stall holder sa one of his golfing buddies) and I had a really bad cold, felt dreadful and really fed up. To my horror OH said infront of everyone "Oh let's get you home Gillian, you can count the money in your change bucket and that'll cheer you up!" I was mortified......... :o

right i'm off now
    But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green :D
  • misty
    misty Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    Options
    To my horror OH said infront of everyone "Oh let's get you home Gillian, you can count the money in your change bucket and that'll cheer you up!" I was mortified......... :o

right i'm off now

That really did make me LOL. I say to my son sometimes what shall we do? and he says - I know, let's count my money.
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I do tapestry. They usually take me years to complete as they are really big. I'm doing one to give to OS right now. I have been rather slack of late though so I really should start again. I usually do it while watching telly.

I love walking & we have a Kombi which we go camping with. When it gets warmer we try and go away every second weekend to different spots. Taking lots of insect repellant of course. :D I don't mind doing a spot of fishing either. Long walks along the beach on sunset is lovely. Roll on summer.

As well as working part time I also work volunteer at our local SVDP office. I help in the welfare dept. Usually one shift a week. I like pottering around in our garden as well but at times the heat puts you off that past time. You end up finding a shady tree and plonking yourself down with a cold drink surveying the wilderness.
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• bargainqueen_2
    Options
    I love animals but can't have pets here so I help out other people with them. My local riding school is glad that I give a hand, and animal shelter places are often in dire need of a helping hand. So you can have fun and do good at the same time. mind you, I guess that means I pick up poo for a hobby :o
    Three years, six months, three weeks, 13 hours, 48 minutes and 30 seconds. 26011 cigarettes not smoked, saving $11,704.80. Life saved: 12 weeks, 6 days, 7 hours, 35 minutes.
  • Aries
    Aries Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Starlorna Im also from West Yorkshire.I spent many months doing the Family Tree.Leeds Central Library has a great family History section,where you can search through fich film for your ancesters and its free.Theres also lots of information on the internet about the census.
    I found a few skeletons in the cupboard,but it was great fun.
    Kath
    Member of the £2 savers club.£320
    so far
    saving for Holiday :j

You are never too Old to learn new tricks.:rotfl:
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Options
    misty wrote:
    That really did make me LOL. I say to my son sometimes what shall we do? and he says - I know, let's count my money.

am I related to him? It was apparently one of my hobbies as a child (along with climbing trees even though my mother dressed me in sticky out dresses, ankle socks and i had my hair in ringlets....... :D )
    But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green :D
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Options
    I love animals but can't have pets here so I help out other people with them. My local riding school is glad that I give a hand, and animal shelter places are often in dire need of a helping hand. So you can have fun and do good at the same time. mind you, I guess that means I pick up poo for a hobby :o

hey it's nothing that politicians don't do...... :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure