Options
2»

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    manic wrote:
    If I understand the T&Cs correctly I should only pay off £5 per month, after the BT, to benefit fully from the stooze.

The T&Cs say:
    First min payment will be £5 + the BT fee, followed by £5 per month until the end of the intro period.

Don't forget to set up a min payment DD.
  • manic
    manic Posts: 698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    First min payment will be £5 + the BT fee, followed by £5 per month until the end of the intro period.

Don't forget to set up a min payment DD.

Thanks for all of your help.
  • manic
    manic Posts: 698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Check with Virgin that you don't have to be in possession of a statement showing a zero balance first. Also, if you have to wait 4-8 weeks (after opeining your account) before doing the BT, then the 2% uncapped BT fee will have a significant impact on your 'profit'.

YorkshireBoy.

I've been thinking about this comment for some time. Why would you think that they "might" want you to be in possesion of a statement showing a zero balance? Surely, if I pay off the purchase as soon as it appears online, and that the online balance shows as zero, then I do a BT, they can't charge me interest on the purchase that has been paid off. :confused:

P.S. My second card came with only a £1k credit limit :mad: .
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    manic wrote:
    Surely, if I pay off the purchase as soon as it appears online, and that the online balance shows as zero, then I do a BT, they can't charge me interest on the purchase that has been paid off. :confused:
    I'd go along with that.
    P.S. My second card came with only a £1k credit limit :mad: .
    Then use the other one for your SBT straightaway. Use this £1K card for your free wine, pay it off, and then close the account (some lenders may score on number of active credit accounts, as well as available credit and overall indebtedness).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure