BG WebSaver 7 - Meter Readers

Options
datostar
datostar Posts: 1,288 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
I signed up for WebSaver 7 in April this year when my previous price fix ran out. Submitted meter readings as required for the May bill, then the meter reader turned up a few days later. OK, perhaps the visit was already planned or they wanted to confirm my readings.

Next bill was due at the beginning of this month. BG emailed me asking for readings which I submitted. eBills were ready the following day and I paid them a few days later. The day after I'd paid the meter reader turned up again.

Is this a belt and braces operation by BG or does it take a long time to stop quarterly readings? Presumably they have to pay the firm who does the meter reading. Seems to defeat the object of the WebSaver.

Comments

• SwanJon
    SwanJon Posts: 2,333 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I work for BG, but not with the Websavers.
    As far as I am aware, there is no link between your tariff and the meter reader.
    It might just be that the cost involved in picking houses out of a walk list is more than the cost of getting readings from your meter.
    They are legally obliged to get readings every 2 years anyway.
  • datostar
    datostar Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SwanJon wrote: »
    I work for BG, but not with the Websavers.
    As far as I am aware, there is no link between your tariff and the meter reader.
    It might just be that the cost involved in picking houses out of a walk list is more than the cost of getting readings from your meter.
    They are legally obliged to get readings every 2 years anyway.

At this rate they'll have 8 readings every two years!
  • Funkyfreddy
    Options
    datostar wrote: »
    Is this a belt and braces operation by BG or does it take a long time to stop quarterly readings? Presumably they have to pay the firm who does the meter reading. Seems to defeat the object of the WebSaver.

...and watch for the e-mail that arrives after providing your meter readings (in responce to the e-mai asking for it) that says something along the lines "Thanks for the meter reading but as you are not due a bill just yet we will use this to accuratly estimate future bills"....only for your bill to then be generated the following day !

You couldn't make it up !

FF
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family