Scottish Power - online access delays

Options
Anyone know why it takes so long to set up online access to my new gas/electricity accounts. I've been quoted up to 45 days from go live date. Is this normal? Will it really take that long?

Comments

• neil9313
    neil9313 Posts: 696 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know why it takes so long to set up online access to my new gas/electricity accounts. I've been quoted up to 45 days from go live date. Is this normal? Will it really take that long?

it will done normally in 7 days
  • uptomyeyeballs
    Options
    neil9313 wrote: »
    it will done normally in 7 days

Ah, that's more like it. I thought 45 days sounded a bit long. Just covering themselves then?
  • prettyvacant77
    Options
    I seem to remember reading that when I switched to them a few years ago. Also seem to remember I was quite pleasantly suprised when my details showed up about 5 days later! :j
  • neil9313
    neil9313 Posts: 696 Forumite
    Options
    Ah, that's more like it. I thought 45 days sounded a bit long. Just covering themselves then?

yep, they will email you when the acct is on line. the only thing that may happen is the electric may transfer 1st and the gas 2nd from your previous supplier.
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi uptomyeyeballs

When you transfer from another supplier, we need to update all meter details to ensure we can bill you correctly. This process can sometimes take a few weeks to update but 45 days is just a precautionary measure, it is not normally anywhere near this time.

Let me know if you have any issues and I will investigate for you.

Kind Regards

Colin @ ScottishPower
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • uptomyeyeballs
    Options
    Thanks Colin.

I've now submitted both my meter readings (gas today). My electric should have gone live yesterday, my Gas is going to be 3rd September.
  • uptomyeyeballs
    Options
    Electric went live 15 days ago.
    Gas went live 6 days ago.

No online access yet. :(
  • uptomyeyeballs
    Options
    Now 19 days for electric, 10 days for gas. Have now had the final readings and final supply date(s) from my previous supplier confirmed, but as yet Scottish Power haven't confirmed that my gas is live (3rd September) and I have no access to my account to check out the starting readings etc.

Would it not be better to at least give the customer an account no/log in. so they can track the progress of the account switch?
  • neil9313
    Options
    Now 19 days for electric, 10 days for gas. Have now had the final readings and final supply date(s) from my previous supplier confirmed, but as yet Scottish Power haven't confirmed that my gas is live (3rd September) and I have no access to my account to check out the starting readings etc.

Would it not be better to at least give the customer an account no/log in. so they can track the progress of the account switch?

Ring them up, they will be able to do it over the phone if you get the right department!
  • uptomyeyeballs
    Options
    Seem to be slowly getting this sorted out, with the help of Colin here. It does seem awfully hard work though. The basic account is now created, but the dual fuel isn't linked to it yet, and I can't actually do anything else with it at the moment. Maybe the next few days will see the thing working properly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure