Santander slow or what!

Options
Photo_G
Photo_G Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 9 September 2010 at 9:33AM in Savings & investments
[FONT=&quot]I have a Direct ISA with Santander (originally Abbey). Four weeks ago I sent a request for a cheque to be issued from my account. The cheque was issued twelve days later. Last week when the cheque had not arrived I rang the ISA helpline number and on their recommendation cancelled the cheque and had it re-issued. One week on and nothing has arrived. Has anyone had similar problems getting money from their Santander ISA account. Is this just another Bankers’ scam to hold my money in their own account for as long as possible?

Update: 09.09.10 Cancelled cheque turned up nine days after cancellation. Waited a further two weeks and with no sign of cheque phoned ISA help desk. After some investigation it was found that the department who's job was to cancel the cheque had not done so because it was "too soon". Would have been nice if some one had told me. Have now paid in the cheque seven and a half weeks from sending my request. Santander customers should be aware.
[/FONT]

Comments

• juicyjude
    juicyjude Posts: 670 Forumite
    Options
    My husband tried to transfer his Bradford and Bingley ISA in branch (Santander) to a fixed rate postal ISA all seemed OK till he still hadnt heard anything after 3 weeks. Went into branch to be told it could take up to a month to process! OK huff n ouff....................... gets a letter Saturday from their head ISA dept at Santander to say they have opened his DIRECT ISA (Issue 6). The letter was dated 12th August, we received 21st August, yes when the 3.00% postal account had expired and they just put it into one paying 2.00% without asking permission or even telling us before they did it! Needless to say, a letter to head office has been sent today but we dont expect a reply. It is just to start off yet another complaint trail!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure