Do Mint now charge for credit card cheques?

Options
I have an old mint card with the transfer and save cheques. This was opened in March 2004. Are the old Ts&Cs applicable to this card ie no fees for cheques or have they changed the charges now? Can they do this?

If so am I right in thinking that the only way to do SBT's is now via egg money?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have an old mint card with the transfer and save cheques. This was opened in March 2004. Are the old Ts&Cs applicable to this card ie no fees for cheques or have they changed the charges now? Can they do this?
    Mint wrote to existing customers in July, regarding their decision to stop issuing credit card cheques. In recent weeks, this policy has been extended to other RBSG cards (including RBS and Natwest) as well, although I'm not sure of the timetable with those cards.

The Mint 'cheque timetable' can be summarised as follows:
    • Mint ceased to issue cheques from 1 September 2006.
    • Stoozers can continue to issue cheques until 30 September 2006.
    • Any cheques dated prior to 1 October 2006, if presented for payment before 1 April 2007, will be honoured.
    • Any cheques dated after 30 September will not be paid by Mint when presented for payment, regardless of whether you have sufficient available credit on your account.
    If so am I right in thinking that the only way to do SBT's is now via egg money?
    There are other SBT cards, but Egg Money is clearly the stoozers card of choice since it's fee-free.
  • MiserlyMartin
    Options
    Well they didn't write to me about this! So I tried to cancel a Lloyds card and they offered me 6 months interest free again but with a 2.5% fee. With the fee and the uncertainty about Mint, is it worth bothering with or should I just close the card and get an egg money one?
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    So I tried to cancel a Lloyds card and they offered me 6 months interest free again but with a 2.5% fee. With the fee and the uncertainty about Mint, is it worth bothering with...
    I declined the same offer from LTSB recently - I couldn't even make it work with my offset mortgage.
    ...or should I just close the card and get an egg money one?
    If Mint is/was your only SBT option, then applying for Egg Money would be a good move.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure