We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Pretty surprised at the scrap value...

Paradigm
Paradigm Posts: 3,670 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Drove my wifes 1993 Audi into a local scrap metal merchants yesterday & walked out with £260!

I'm not well up on scrap values but I was surprised to get that much especially as I only paid £800 for it nearly 4 years ago.

Dunno if that was a good price or not.....?
Always try to be at least half the person your dog thinks you are!

Comments

  • diable
    diable Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    A few years ago you had to pay the scrap dealer to take your car.
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    The tide has turned, dealers also know what car parts they can shift not just the "weight value".;);)
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

    Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

    Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.