We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Best time to buy a 10/60 plate car?
~Chameleon~
Posts: 11,956 Forumite
in Motoring
Looking to buy a Fiesta and can't make up my mind whether to buy a used 10 plate or a brand new 60 plate.
If I go for a brand new 60 plate would I be better off grabbing the current deal (ends Aug 29th) and pre-ordering? Are there likely to be better deals around during Sept/Oct or could prices increase even more?
Same again, if I go for an ex-demo or low mileage used 10 plate would it be better to buy now or wait until 60 plates are out? Will prices drop significantly between now and then?
Apologies if these are silly Q's but I've never bought a new or nearly new car before
If I go for a brand new 60 plate would I be better off grabbing the current deal (ends Aug 29th) and pre-ordering? Are there likely to be better deals around during Sept/Oct or could prices increase even more?
Same again, if I go for an ex-demo or low mileage used 10 plate would it be better to buy now or wait until 60 plates are out? Will prices drop significantly between now and then?
Apologies if these are silly Q's but I've never bought a new or nearly new car before
“You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
0
Comments
-
Speaking personally I've always been an advocate of buying a second-hand car that's maybe a year or six months old, still loads of warranty and low-mileage.
Let someone else take the first big hit of depreciation I say and save yourself thousands of pounds and get what is essentially the same thing.0 -
I got a new 10 plate fiesta zetec s on 3rd August and was a much better deal than waiting for the 60 plate, as it was a stock car they were able to offer a really good discount and also a better price on my trade in.0
-
The only problem I might face in buying a stock/used car is that I have a few "must have" specs which might prove difficult to find on a used car. I know, I'm fussy, but when I'm spending £10k+ on a car I want to be able to choose the colour and a few luxuries
“You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”0 -
The dealership I went to searched for a stock car with all the specs I asked for, my fiesta came with the street pack (17" Alloys & Privacy Glass), bluetooth and voice activation and spare steel wheel and in my chosen colour of sea grey.
Worth a try asking at the dealership then you would know either way if they could provide you with what spec you want. If you are specifying quite a lot of extras then you will end up paying more as your car will have to be built to order and would probably have about a 6 week wait for delivery.0 -
It's the colour I think I'll have most difficulty with as I want Morello Cherry and with similar specs as your - privacy glass, blue tooth, folding mirrors & auto lights/wipers. Any other extras will be a bonus
“You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”0 -
Make sure you get the latest model, there is a lot of stock sitting about that isn't the up to date model.0
-
Make sure you get the latest model, there is a lot of stock sitting about that isn't the up to date model.
I noticed that with a few of the fiestas a different dealership tried to sell me! One tried to sell me the 2009 model, I bought a 2010.5 which is the latest model - think from sept they will be the 2011 model.0 -
dizzyblonde82 wrote: »I got a new 10 plate fiesta zetec s on 3rd August and was a much better deal than waiting for the 60 plate, as it was a stock car they were able to offer a really good discount and also a better price on my trade in.
what is a stock car, would it be 1 thats been a display 1 or something else0 -
Should perhaps start a new thread for this but has anyone used https://www.buyacar.co.uk to buy a car and is it worth looking around for dealers online, or even Ebay?“You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”0
-
what is a stock car, would it be 1 thats been a display 1 or something else
It is a car that has already been built but is in a storage facility, it has not been on display or an ex-demo and will have delivery only milage and you will be the first registered owner.
My car was from stock and I had it within 5 days of actually purchasing the car, this was ideal for me as my previous car had a number of issues with it and needed getting rid of quickly. Mine had 14 miles on the clock when I collected it.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards