Find your nearest Nearly-new sale (toys, clothes, equipment)

Options
Hi, I posted this link in a reply to someone on another thread but thought it deserves its own thread in case any parents miss out:

http://www.nct.org.uk/local/events

If you put in your postcode you can find out your nearest National Childbirth Trust nearly New sale, which are great for low-priced baby & childrens' toys, clothes, equipment, books, games etc. Around now is when there may be an Autumn sale near you.

BTW I am nothing to do with the NCT, never have been, but love these sales! You can also sell stuff there to make some money (you get a large percentage of the sale price, maybe 70 or 75%, but you do have to securely price ticket everything up front). But at least you don't have to stand there selling, get people haggling or get up early, like a car boot sale. Any q's just contact the person whose details are shown for your nearest sale.

Warning, if you've not been before these sales can be a bit of a bunfight (v busy with clothes piled high) but generally the stuff is worth searching for. Not a great idea to go on your own with new baby though, take a friend or OH to help find the bargains, or send them for a walk whilst you dive in.

BTW, the NCT is not the only arranger of nearly-new sales, check out your local free paper each week and you may find that a Church or Playgroup near you also has one of these sales in Autumn and Spring. I found out about 3 other sales in my area this way.

HTH someone.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,357 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just remembered something else, if you go to an NCT sale look out for the 'NCT chequebook' booklets, pick up several if you can! :D

They contain discounts for Centerparcs and similar, offers for babystuff but ALSO non-store specific money-off coupons that anyone can use in Tesco or Asda against any shopping (ignore the product mentioned on the coupon).

So it's free money too, assuming they still do these.

HTH
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,357 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well I went to one of my local ones today, got some good xmas toys but didn't look at clothes as my 4 don't need any (I used to buy & sell designer 2nd hand kids' clothes, kept loads of my stock when I stopped!).

There were no NCT cheque books, so no coupons, but they gave away free Persil non-bio and Comfort (small samples) with your purchases.
  • inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    For any one interested, the wakefield one is on the 7th Oct at Kettlethorpe High school
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure