New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Infinity dress (Free pattern)

edited 5 February 2016 at 12:36PM in Freebies (no spend required)
28 replies 175K views
JamsiJamsi
117 posts
Forumite
edited 5 February 2016 at 12:36PM in Freebies (no spend required)
This dress sells for £80 on the shopping channel here is a free pattern so you can make your own Infinte dress.
Can be worn many different ways!

http://rowena.typepad.com/rostitchery/infinity-dress.html

MSE UPDATE MAY 08 - This note has been added to the above website: PLEASE NOTE: the instructions for making this dress are available for free but are not to be used for commercial purposes. please do not sell dresses made using these instructions, and do not make copies of the instructions without asking my permission first. thank you!

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Replies

• thanks for that one!!
  • great post - thanks :T
  • This is fab!
  • calleywcalleyw
    9.4K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 5000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brill shame I can't sew :o

As a couple of those in different fabrics would be great to add to my wardrobe even I don't go out very often :rotfl:

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • calleyw wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one :D
  • calleyw wrote:

As a couple of those in different fabrics would be great to add to my wardrobe even I don't go out very often :rotfl:

Yours

Calley

You could try some of that "Sew Simple" by Bostik, about £3-4 in Asda. I've made cushion covers, curtains, vest tops and a handbag, all without sewing a single stitch. Also fab when a seam comes down or for repairing tears in fabric.
  • mr.blonde wrote:
    You could try some of that "Sew Simple" by Bostik, about £3-4 in Asda. I've made cushion covers, curtains, vest tops and a handbag, all without sewing a single stitch. Also fab when a seam comes down or for repairing tears in fabric.
    Does that work with the recommended jersey/knit fabric?
  • Not for long, in my experience!
  • RallyaRallya
    255 posts
    Forumite ✭✭
    mr.blonde wrote:

Hmm not too sure I'd be happy about using this on a whole dress, it only has to fail while youre out and everyone gets a look at you in your birthday suit :rotfl:
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 126 :j

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions...
  • My mum will love this one, handy for taking on hols as everyone will think you have a new dress on every eve you go out. Thanks.