Model making help

Options
Hope this is the right forum for this.

Please help. DD is 3 and started school last week. We had a letter today to say that we need to build (with DD) a model of our house by next Tuesday for her to take to school for this term's topic of "all about me". And it mustn't be too big.

Anyway, I have the artistic talent of a gnat and DH doesn't seem that interested, so other than somehow utelising an empty cereal packet in some way, does anyone have any ideas of what we can do. Any ideas have to be fairly basic and idiot proof as I really am pretty dull when it comes to arty stuff.

Hope you can help.

Jxx
And it looks like we made it once again
Yes it looks like we made it to the end

Comments

• fsdss
    fsdss Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    use a cereal packet or small empty box such as a washing powder box and cover it with brown paper, using a computer (preferably paint programme) draw and print out windows door etc and get your daughter to cut these out colour and stick it on the box. nice and easy and you dont have to be too talented to do this
    Give blood - its free
  • Janepig
    Janepig Posts: 16,780 Forumite
    Options
    Actually you've made me think - I've got a washing tablet box with a hinged lid that might be useful. Thanks

Jxx
    And it looks like we made it once again
    Yes it looks like we made it to the end
  • Peakma
    Peakma Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It sounds like a tricky project for a three year old,with not much time to do it in, so they proberbly don't expect a perfect minature,acurate model.Depending on the shape of your house,What about making four rooms by getting two pieces of card the same size,and cutting a slit in both of them,half way,so they slot together in a cross,then stand on another piece of card.I recently saved far too many washing tablet boxes,so me and my 3yr old daughter fixed them together to make a house of some kind! I found those little metal paper fasteners useful(the ones you open up afterpushing through a hole).We also cut pictures of household objects out of old catalogues, and put pictures of the kids on the walls-the little passport sized ones,from when they had professional shots to chose from.
    Have fun ,don't forget to post a picture of youre finished project on the thread!!
  • purplepurple
    Options
    If you use a cereal packet, open it flat first and then turn it "inside out" by sticking it back together again but with the shiny printed surface on the inside. You can then paint straight onto the "grey" matt cardboard without having to cover it first. You can then just fold a piece of card in half an attach it as a roof. Cut out squares of tile coloured paper, stick them onto the roof (overlapping). Your DD can then draw and cut out the windows, doors etc and you just stick them on.
  • wolfehouse
    wolfehouse Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    or a shoe box
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts