Duvet set and matching curtains

Options
We are moving in the next few weeks, I have been looking at a new bedroom set for DS(he is 4yrs old and still has winnie the pooh) and we are going to use all the stuff in his room for the baby so when we move we are going to paint(not me-I'm not that stupid), the only problem is that the room he will go into has two windows ...not a problem as we have two sets of curtains the same only one is shorter than the other(i will get them made the same length) but they are yellow and all the bedroom sets I have seen don't go with yellow, I only wanted to buy a duvet cover, lampshade and maybe a border but this hopefully is something that will last a few yrs(in a ideal world till he is 18.....hmm might be pushing my luck slightly).

The babies room will have the light green winnie stuff, and we are going to pain a mega light lilac so that will look ok.

Any ideas about DS's bedroom set.... have looked everywhere, m&S, ebay, rosebys, bhs, debenhams, john lewis and am thinking at the moment the only option is to get a set from next and recycle the curtains and buy new ones, the set from next is mini inspired and he would love it but the expense........
Oh....I'm not going to lie to you......At the end of the day, when alls said and done......do you know what I mean.........TIDY

Comments

• Christmasshopper
    Options
    Bob the Builder, Bart Simpson and Tweenies themes all have plenty of yellow in them. I have seen a nice dinosaur set on ebay too which has lots of yellow in it. I don't think I'm allowed to post ebay links so I will PM you with details.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times and I'll smash your face in. :D
  • fsdss
    fsdss Posts: 1,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    next do a rocket and dinosaur set, both i believe have yellow in them
    Give blood - its free
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    blue and yellow go nicely together and loads of blue boys bedding sets about !

what about buying extra fabric ( or using an extra bedding set or whatever) and having a border of material along the bottom of the curtains or even tie backs made to match the bedding to tie in the scheme ??

or could even just buy the material and have a duvet cover / pillowcase / laundry bag / tie backs etc made up for you ? do you know anyone who is a dab hand on the sewing machine ?!
  • abbecer
    abbecer Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    Options
    My 4 year old son has diggers bedding from BQ. It is blue with yellow diggers etc on. Alternatively could you not dye the curtains using a washing machine dye and do them dark blue.

Rebecca x
  • Christmasshopper
    Options
    abbecer wrote:
    Alternatively could you not dye the curtains using a washing machine dye and do them dark blue.

Rebecca x

If you dye yellow curtains with a blue dye they will turn green not blue.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times and I'll smash your face in. :D
  • abbecer
    abbecer Posts: 2,177 Forumite
    Options
    I once dyed a yellow door curtain myself and it was most definitely blue not green. Turned out like a deep royal blue.

Rebecca x
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    Sponge Bob Squarepants has lots of yellow in it and would suit both a younger and older child. Argos sell the duvet and rug and you could look on Ebay for accessories.
    Argos
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • Threadhead
    Options
    We bought my sons stuff from these people. http://www.tdtextiles.co.uk/

They were really good, so we bought more stuff for my daughters room. We were wary of how good quality they would be, but the stuff we got is lovely.
    Threadhead
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Try Tescos, ARGOS and larger Woolworths stores. I got my sons Transformers ones from Studio Cards in the sale.

:( Shame I didn't see these earlier just sent my sons Bob one to the charity shop which had a lot of yellow in it.

Actually thats a thought have you tried charity shops, I got a brand new set of curtains and bed set all Thomas for my son all still packaged for £5 hence sent the old ones there.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure