We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Different names on Car Documents?
Hello there
Quick Question
What is the legal standpoint on having my old surname on my car registration documents.
When my name changed I couldn't find my V62 (I think thats the document name) to change my details. And then I forgot about it.
My Licence, MOT & Insurance is in my current name, but I have just got the road tax reminder and it is still in my old name.
All documents are registered at the same address.
I must admit the £25 document replacement fee is putting me off, I have become such a stinge since frequenting this website
Is the worst case scenario that my insurance would be invalidated or I am worrying too much?
Many Thanks
Quick Question
What is the legal standpoint on having my old surname on my car registration documents.
When my name changed I couldn't find my V62 (I think thats the document name) to change my details. And then I forgot about it.
My Licence, MOT & Insurance is in my current name, but I have just got the road tax reminder and it is still in my old name.
All documents are registered at the same address.
I must admit the £25 document replacement fee is putting me off, I have become such a stinge since frequenting this website
Is the worst case scenario that my insurance would be invalidated or I am worrying too much?
Many Thanks
0
Comments
-
You don't have a V5, no?0
-
It's lost.
0 -
Well, I am unsure of the legal standing for this, I'm sure someone will comment.
But I would request a new V5 and change my name, so everything is the same and above board.0 -
Bump as no answer yet
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards